VOIP Keeps Getting Hacked

Hello,

I have been a user of Asterisk and FreePBX for years. It wasn’t until just this year that all of a sudden my VOIP server keeps getting hacked. I have setup TOP security on my server, installed CSF/LFD firewall, fully and carefully configured everything, set secure passwords, changed port #'s and the whole nine yards. Everything was fine for several months and now all of a sudden someone has hacked my VOIP box again for like the 6th time in the last couple months.

My questions are:

Why are they continuously targeting me?

What can I do to prevent them from hacking my VOIP server?

Is there some sort of security that I can setup on the box to prevent these hacks? I mean, I don’t know what else to do.

Is there a ‘Secure’ VOIP server out there or an image or something that comes with the security and stuff already configured?

I have tried Trixbox, PBX in a Flash, and just Raw Asterisk with FreePBX. No matter what server I use and how it’s configured, they still hack it.

Any suggestions that I can do to prevent these hacks into my box?

Thank you,
Larry

Hello Larry,

If You had strong passwords and IDS (fail2ban or LFD) installed on Your system, then only thing I can suppose that your web is opened for everyone. If it’s so, your system is weak against attacked on web panel.

What I can suggest ,is to close access to your web panel or use ssh tunnel to access it.

You can consult also - nerdvittles.com/?p=737

Hope it will help,
Good luck.
Jox.