Voicemail via database

Hello,

I found this page that explains very nicely how to set the voicemail feature to go through a MySQL database, which is something that interestes me, but it doesn’t work:
voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … l+database

[root@vms ~]# cd /usr/src [root@vms src]# export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@cvs.digium.com:/usr/cvsroot [root@vms src]# cvs login Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.digium.com:2401/usr/cvsroot CVS password: Unknown host cvs.digium.com.

I use Asterisk version 1.2.6.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

David :open_mouth:

that info is out of date. Digium moved to SVN and dropped CVS support a while ago. what were you trying to check out ?

I want to configure the voicemail boxes through a MySQL database, while allowing the voicemail passwords to be updated by the users through the IVR (and back to the database).

It’s basically exactly how that page described it.

Thanks.

i guess then it’s asterisk-addons you want. go to asterisk.org/ and you’ll see on the right the links for tarballs … you can get the latest there or use the link for ‘more’ to get later/earlier versions.

Hello,

Can you send me a link to a clear guide for a Linux novice to upgrade my Asterisk from 1.2.6 to 1.2.13 and/or to install the add-ons (version 1.2.5) on either version?

I feel that it’s very difficult to find simple manual for installing and configuring Asterisk and modules.

Thanks.