Voicemail Retrieval

We have Asterisk setup and working, we can leave voice messages, but we are unsure on how to retrieve them. We are using the ZIP 4x4 Handsets for communication.
:stuck_out_tongue:

If you setup your server correctly the Asterisk server will automaticallly email them to the address you gave for the user in /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf. Further, you may setup a dialplan in your /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf to direct you to the application VoicemailMain which is the facility to access your mailbox.

I’m not good with Red Hat and Sendmail (which I use for Asterisk server), so can you tell me do I need to edit any configuration file in sendmail? If not, does it means (since I’m using sendmail) that I need to edit only voicemail.conf to recive voicemails on my e-mail account?

Thank you for your time.

Tomislav

If you have done a standard RedHat installation and included the Sendmail package then all you really should need to do is put email addresses for the users in your /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf.

For more details on configuration have a look here:

voip-info.org/tiki-index.php … email.conf

[quote=“MuppetMaster”]
If you have done a standard RedHat installation and included the Sendmail package then all you really should need to do is put email addresses for the users in your /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf.

For more details on configuration have a look here:

voip-info.org/tiki-index.php … email.conf[/quote]

Thank you for informations.

Tomislav