URL String is Bombing - WHY?

We have an application that sends a URL string to Asterisk and then Asterisk makes a call to a conferencing service. We are looking to upgrade the conference service. As a result we must change the automated input values in the variable string.

URL STRING 1 - The current URL which works flawlessly is:
replay247.com/marocom/AddSem … ID=default

URL STRING 2 - The new URL string is as follows (new phone number & ttpat in bold)
replay247.com/marocom/AddSem … &phoneNum=7124321000&ttpat=1020#*1&callID=188&custID=0277&time=02&preRollID=default

URL String 1 works within the application & if manually submitted.

URL String 2 bombs with the following error:
Seminar NOT started - errors detected:

• Missing call identifier
  • Missing customer identifier
  • Missing time (in minutes)
  • Missing hold filename

I would very much appreciate any/all help in understainding why URL String 2 is bombing!!

Regards,
Ross Yingling
ross@marocom.com

Hi What does the httpd logs have to say,

Im guessing but it may be the # thats throwing it

Ian

Agree has to be the #… Don’t have logs (I’m a PM thrust into resolving this).

How do I include the # as an input?? It is a necessary part of the access code sequence.

thx,
Ross

If you have access to the server then you must have access to the apache logs on it, otherwise how can you have a snowballs change in hells chance in solving the problem.

But try using the ascii code ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm

Ian

Let me clarify my question…

Is there a string or code that will allow the # to be used in a variable string?

Thx,
Ross

Thats what I meant in posting you the link to the ascii codes, did you look at them ???

Ian

Try using %2F, which is the URL encoded value for “#”.

definitely the # sign, as that actually means something in URL strings… server stops URL parameter processing after it gets a # as that signifies an anchor on the HTML page.