Urgent Help Required (Save a call)

Hi
I am working on asterisk project. In this project I have to play dtmf tones in caller and somehow I am getting it back. I want to save this tone. I have a c code to decode this dtmf tone. This c code works fine for *.au files. How can I save a call in *.au file in asterisk. I am using phpAGI and I have used record_file function to store the call. But the tone is not recognized. My c code deals this file as *.wav but it is an au file.

Kindly help me to save this file in au.
Thanks
Atif Majid

Asterisk does not encode in that format. You will have to make a system call to an app on the Linux OS that will do that conversion for you for further processing.

I have done similar apps to move Asterisk wavs into MP3s using System calls and LAME.

Here is what Asterisk will work with:

asteriskguru.com/audio_conversion.php

[quote=“MuppetMaster”]Asterisk does not encode in that format. You will have to make a system to an app on the Linux OS that will do that conversion for you for further processing.

I have done similar apps to move Asterisk wavs into MP3s using System calls and LAME.

Here is what Asterisk will work with:

asteriskguru.com/audio_conversion.php[/quote]
I have used “sox” to convert that wav file to au. But it does not work. Anyways thanks for the reply. I will keep working on it. And if required, I will ask again.
Thanks
Atif

Hi
I have solved this problem. I did this by adding some parameters in sox command. I found that parameters on

linux.ie/lists/pipermail/ilu … 29640.html

The command is

sox infile.wav -t au -r 8000 -U -b -c 1 outputfile.au

Thanks “MuppetMaster” for your help.

Atif