Unable to write to alert pipe

I’ve recently installed Asterisk 11 on Centos Release 6.3. I’m using digium D40 phones configured via DPMA. These messages occur when dialing between the phones on the same Asterisk box.

I can make calls and receive using the codec g722, however, whenever a call is make I get a bunch of errors (cut and pasted a couple):

[May 20 09:28:31] WARNING[4661][C-00000000]: channel.c:1332 __ast_queue_frame: Unable to write to alert pipe on Message/ast_msg_queue (qlen = 79): Resource temporarily unavailable!
[May 20 09:28:31] WARNING[4661][C-00000000]: channel.c:1332 __ast_queue_frame: Unable to write to alert pipe on Message/ast_msg_queue (qlen = 80): Resource temporarily unavailable!
[May 20 09:28:31] WARNING[4661][C-00000000]: channel.c:1332 __ast_queue_frame: Unable to write to alert pipe on Message/ast_msg_queue (qlen = 81): Resource temporarily unavailable!

I’ve done some googling around and can’t seem to track the problem down? Does anyone have any ideas?

Howdy,

Try our Support department directly - www.digium.com/support
please

What was the outcome of this? I have the same issue and while it doesn’t seem to be causing any problems, it sure does get annoying.

Same here since Asterisk 11.0 (now I am running 11.5)

[quote]channel.c:1337 __ast_queue_frame: Unable to write to alert pipe on Message/ast_msg_queue (qlen = 94): Resource temporarily unavailable!
channel.c:1337 __ast_queue_frame: Unable to write to alert pipe on Message/ast_msg_queue (qlen = 95): Resource temporarily unavailable!
channel.c:1337 __ast_queue_frame: Unable to write to alert pipe on Message/ast_msg_queue (qlen = 96): Resource temporarily unavailable![/quote]

QLEN gets incremented in every warning message. It gets to 128 and then goes back to 65 and gets incremented again up to 128.

Devices in my network send SIP messagging every 2-3 secs and I thought they were too many for Asterisk, although messages get to the destination quick and correctly.

Judging from previous posts the warning messages don’t depend on SIP messaging, they also occur when making calls. But I am receiving those warning even when not making calls.

Thanks.

[quote=“malcolmd”]Howdy,

Try our Support department directly - digium.com/support
please[/quote]

I’m on the forum because I don’t have support for Asterisk.

I’ve not got a fix yet, has anyone else had any luck with this?