Unable to connect to

I have these problems.
When I started Asterisk by asterisk -vvvgc and then I tried to connet to Asterisk by asterisk -r a got this Error message>
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)
But Asterisk is still running and I can make calls to network and over oh323 channel and GNUGK to the “real” world too.
The next my problem is a fact, that I can start Asterisk only by Asterisks options (-vvvgc, -vvvc, …). I changed config file /etc/default/asterisk (RUNASTERISK=yes).
When I start asterisk by “/etc/init.d/asterisk start” I get message
Starting Asterisk PBX:
Starting Asterisk PBX:
Unable to open pid file ‘/var/run/asterisk/asterisk.pid’: No such file or directory asterisk.

Any ideas?
        Thanks David

PS> Now I have Asterisk v.1.2.7.1 and my OS is Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06 Beta.

Try starting asterisk in a screen session and then end the screen session followed by asterisk -r

I did not understand your answer very well.
What do you think “started * in screen session”. If it is start * in graphic console and then I kill this console, it is not solution and for automatic Asterisk’s start after restart it is not solution.

I solving automatic Asterisk’s start after restart and availability of CLI by “asterisk -r”.

Thanks David

It is crazy, but when I started * by “asterisk” after restart, system message is >
Unable to open pid file ‘/var/run/asterisk/asterisk.pid’: No such file or directory

And answer for “ps -Al | grep asterisk” is
5 S 0 4663 1 0 78 0 - 8685 stext ? 00:00:00 asterisk
and everything is OK (* works), but CLI is not available by “asterisk -r” >
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)

PS> I started * as root. Have I got a problem with user’s rights?

try running ‘asterisk -cvvv’ - this starts asterisk in console mode, with verbosity, so if it’s failing, you can see where and why. my guess is that it’s an outdated or unneeded module, or your zaptel config might not be entirely right. in any case, you’ll get tons of information attempting to start asterisk this way.