I am having a video issue using an asterisk server and two xlite softphones.
I would like to know where I should start looking for a resolution.
- I set this up on *now as a test and was able to do it without problems.
- The current problem is using a ‘real’ asterisk server located overseas. I has been configured in the same manner as the *now server as far as I can tell.
- The problem is that only the caller can send video. If ext A calls ext B then Ext A can send video but when ext B sends video nothing shows up in Ext A incoming video window (but there is no “cannot send” error on xlite). The opposite is also true (When ext B calls ext A)
- Xlite reports Ulaw and h263(1998) as the codecs used in the call. The total Kbps adds up to about 250. Maxcallrate set to the default 380.
- One xlite client is in the same lan as the server. The other is in another country.
- The asterisk server is behind a firewall with the appropriate ports setup (as far as I can tell). The external extension is behind a router/firewall.
I have checked config files and have gone back and tested with the *Now server and that still works.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.