Trixbox without telephony hardware

Hello,

I’m trying to mount a Trixbox over a Penthium III with a simple eth card. I’m having many problems installing DAHDI with the linux kernel 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5.i686 but,

:bulb: Do I need DAHDI?

I only want to create 2 extensions and connect 2 softphones to test Trixbox voice recording functionality, logs, etc.

Anybody knows how to do that without telephony cards???

Thanks!!

You should not need DAHDI. Since you aren’t using any hardware.

I had setup two trixbox machines, one with DAHDI and 3 T1 cards (Quad, Dual and a Single). The other machine was all sip and an IAX2 connection to the machine with the T1 connections.

Thanks for your answer,

When I restart asterisk service, it closes in an infinite bucle like:

Asterisk ended with exit status 1
Asterisk died with code 1.
Automatically restarting Asterisk.
Asterisk ended with exit status 1
Asterisk died with code 1.
Automatically restarting Asterisk.

I read that the problem may be DAHDi…but I don’t need ir because I don’t have telephony cards…
did you install DAHDi in your machine without telephony cards?

What do you mean with the “All SIP Machine”?

Do you have SIP telephony hardware or a single Eth Card?

On the machine that handles the SIP phones (Aastra 6757i/31i or softphone), there is no DAHDI installed. Just Asterisk 1.6.2.6 and the Asterisk addons. (We had started with trixbox but ended up just doing Asterisk and handling the config files ourselves)

The machine that handles the SIP phones has two network cards. One to the local network and the other is directly connected to the other Asterisk box. A dedicated connection between the two for the IAX connection.

The other box we call the bridge and it has the telephony cards (DAHDI is obviously installed on this machine). Its job is to handle bridging the incoming calls to either the old meridian system or over to the new system. It also accepts the outbound connections from either machine and gets them to the PSTN.