Tired of and old stupid BUG

I have something like sip.myprovider.com for outbound, when aster does lookup for IP adress assigned to this address IF THERE ARE 2 IP’S ASTER TAKES ONLY ONE. In detail i have 3 sip peers there, so if i dont put manually direct ip 2/3 peers unable to connect.
What is need to be done:
Aster should try to connect itself with More than 1 ip received, i am really tired to change ip each time when my provider do some maintenance or something. I have NO problems connectiong directly PAP2 to my provider, PAP2 FXS finds a GOOD adress AUTOMATICLY. I dint see WHY aster UNABLE to do it.
PS I am using aster from cvs 1.4 latest

what is “aster” ? i don’t know whether to assume “Asterisk” as you seem to repeat “aster” a lot.

you shouldn’t be blaming Asterisk for DNS failures. you say there are multiple entries (do you mean A records) for your providers registrar/proxy … why should Asterisk ignore what a DNS server tells it is the ip address for this host ? and if a host is down, why doesn’t your provider redirect traffic instead of relying on round-robin DNS resolution.

[quote=“baconbuttie”]what is “aster” ? i don’t know whether to assume “Asterisk” as you seem to repeat “aster” a lot.

you shouldn’t be blaming Asterisk for DNS failures. you say there are multiple entries (do you mean A records) for your providers registrar/proxy … why should Asterisk ignore what a DNS server tells it is the ip address for this host ? and if a host is down, why doesn’t your provider redirect traffic instead of relying on round-robin DNS resolution.[/quote]
from one side youre got the reason, but why my provider should redirect traffic if moust of the clients support it(any standalone sip fxs)?
Only asterisk not? do you imagine yourself calling your voip provider and ask to change their routing tables?:slight_smile: they have thousand’s of clients and because of me i doubt that it will be possible.

I think I’ve seen this referenced elsewhere. e.g. if the name => ip mapping changes, asterisk never refreshes its understanding of what the IP should be. I don’t remember offhand what had been proposed.