TE210P and VPMOCT128 Echo Canceller Module

Hello!

I obtained a Wildcard TE210P second hand, and it came with the VPMOCT128 hardware echo canceller module. I have a couple of analog lines and would like to take advantage of hardware echo cancellation if at all possible. DAHDI refuses to use the echo canceller. In poking around dmesg, I came across the following:

[    9.046691] wct4xxp 0000:06:01.0: Disabling VPMOCT128. TE2XXP requires a VPMOCT064

Is there any possible way to force the VPMOCT128 to work with the TE210P? Of course I have no knowledge of the underlying hardware design differences between the dual span and quad span cards, but from a layman’s perspective I have more DSP than needed, so it should work, no?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: FWIW, this card is in a CentOS 7 box running Asterisk 16, DAHDI 2.11.1, and libpri 1.6.0

Totally unsupported/unknown land there. It is different, from it being a module with more capacity than you need, given the number of spans you have. It’s not use we designed for. And…it’s not likely to be something that we’d go back in time to address, nor that I think we’d be particularly motivated to address in the current product offerings. The TE210 hasn’t been shipped since 2015.

With all of that said / disclaimed…you could try commenting out the return in dahdi-linux/drivers/dahdi/wct4xxp/base.c right after the message is thrown:

if (vpm_capacity != wc->numspans * 32) {
                dev_info(&wc->dev->dev, "Disabling VPMOCT%03d. TE%dXXP"\
                                " requires a VPMOCT%03d", vpm_capacity,
                                wc->numspans, wc->numspans*32);
                return;
        }

and you could see what happens. It probably won’t permanently damage anything. It might work. :smiley:

Wait, the VPMOCT128 (which IIRC is paried with quad span cards) is lower capacity than the VPMOCT064?

If I was trying to get a VPMOCT064 working with a quad span card, yeah, I can understand that.

I’m just curious if I’m understanding correctly.

whoops. more. fixed. words :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ahh. Ok, gotchya! That’s what I thought. :smiley:

I will give this a try and report back. If it works, sweet! If not, then oh well.

Thanks!!

Well that, uh, worked kind-of. The system thinks it’s the VPMOCT064 module. That in itself is fine, but the audio is very crackly. Not sure if that’s because there is a bad DSP or if this just won’t work…haha.