TDM400p Caller ID issue

****S O L V E D *****
Problem was with CID but it had nothing to do with Trixbox nor Asterisk.
Read my last reply where I realized what my problem was…

Hello,

I’m using Trixbox 2.6.2.1 and TDM400p with one FXO module connected to PSTN.
It is very loaded line and often happens that one call comes in only few second after another.
The problem is that Trixbox needs time to detect that line is free(on-hook) and if next call comes in in less than 5 seconds it can’t be caught from first ring and CID fails since it is sent after first ring.
In modprobe.conf i have add ‘options wctdm’ with ‘debug=1’ switch and when i do ‘tail -f /var/log/messages’ and ring i see ‘ringing’ and ‘no ringing’ without ‘polarity reversal’ so i concluded that my provider doesn’t use polarity reversal for starting/ending calls. Also country is set properly.
Does anybody knows how to fix this?
What options should I try to make Trixbox hang up immidiately after line was hung.

EDIT : I have tried Various options in zapata.conf from “busydetect=yes” “busycount=3” turned off almost everything besides CID on that trunk but it seams that it doesn’t have any influence on how fast trixbox hangs-up after line is free.

Here is screenshot from my CDR database :
img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sqlxd0.jpg

Here are lines from log:

I call gfrom my cell phone and hangup after few rings.
I hangup at “02:21:59” but sistem sets hook state to "0"
7 seconds later and if another call comes in in meantime CID is lost.

Jan 21 02:21:49 trixbox1 kernel: RING on 1/1!
Jan 21 02:21:50 trixbox1 kernel: NO RING on 1/1!
Jan 21 02:21:51 trixbox1 kernel: RING on 1/1!
Jan 21 02:21:51 trixbox1 kernel: Setting FXS hook state to 2 (00)
Jan 21 02:21:52 trixbox1 kernel: NO RING on 1/1!
Jan 21 02:21:53 trixbox1 kernel: Setting FXS hook state to 1 (00)
Jan 21 02:21:57 trixbox1 kernel: RING on 1/1!
Jan 21 02:21:57 trixbox1 kernel: Setting FXS hook state to 2 (00)
Jan 21 02:21:58 trixbox1 kernel: NO RING on 1/1!
Jan 21 02:21:59 trixbox1 kernel: Setting FXS hook state to 1 (00)
Jan 21 02:22:03 trixbox1 kernel: Setting FXS hook state to 2 (00)
Jan 21 02:22:05 trixbox1 kernel: Setting FXS hook state to 1 (00)
Jan 21 02:22:06 trixbox1 kernel: Setting FXS hook state to 3 (00)
Jan 21 02:22:06 trixbox1 kernel: Setting FXS hook state to 0 (00)

The problem you are describing is “Glare”. When a call comes in to a Telephony Interface that is not ready to receive it or when you try to place an outbound call on a channel that has an Inbound Call on it.

The 3 possible fixes I can think of are:
1 Switch to a Ground Start Analog lines (As opposed to Loop Start like a normal Home Phone Line). Ground Start lines are “Rare” these days but some providers still offer them. If you do go with one, make sure that you can receive calls and use them to dialout as some providers only offer Inbound on them. And features are generally limited (Callerid might not be available).

2 Switch to Digital lines. A BRI (2 Lines + Data Channel ) or a PRI (2 Lines + Data Channel) would solve your issues.

3 - Use some sort of Call Forward no answer on multi lines. For example, if you receive a “Glare” and don’t have caller id on Line 1. Don’t answer, after X rings, the call will be sent to Line 2. This may help.

Good luck.

Hi

OK firstly The problem isnt Glare, Glare is when a call is established at the same time a call is coming in. not when a call has finished and another comes in.

If a second call can come in then Asterisk has hung up. what you need to lookat is what is Trix doing on hangup. I think it runs some AGI or other. This mabe causing the problem. Asterisk has to the card to clear down and it has but something must also be going on in the background.

Ian

Thanks guys but problem is solved and it was my fault - something i overlooked.
I have made wrong assumption and thus searched for solution in wrong place.
The core of all problems was that telephone line had “call on hold” turned on and i didn’t know this!
I have spent much time with this box configuring it but didn’t notice that I can recieve second call when first one is active.
I think that i didn’t notice it because “feature to signal when another call i ringing” isn’t being activated on NT.
When i would talk to someone and another person would try to ring me , he would get ringing signal but i wouldn’t know that somone else is trying to contact me, and that another person would think that I don’t want to answer.

If i finished my conversation before “second” caller hung up I would get my phone to ring 3 sec after i hung up on first guy, but CID would be lost since it is sent after first ring and my trixbox intercepted call on , lets say , 20-th ring.

After I realized that this “call on hold” feature is active, service guy came and deacitvate it and now everything work perfect.

I had 150 calls yesterday and i can see CID on every one.