Store Voicemail Path in CDR Table

I am looking for a way to store the voicemail path (i.e. /var/spool/asterisk/default/msg001.txt ) into the CDR table so I can easily access the voicemail file per call via PHP. Can anyone help me understand how to accomplish this?

userfield?

that SHOULD be customizable (sp?) in the dialplan, so that before or after the VM command is called you could, in theory, set the userfield variable and store it that way.

come to think of it, that’s a damn neat idea - i would have never thought of using CDR to store those type of values…

gives me an idea for on-demand call recording - push the name of the record file to the CDR database to allow users to grab recordings later…

neat idea, fender - i’m going to borrow it.

[quote=“whoiswes”]userfield?

that SHOULD be customizable (sp?) in the dialplan, so that before or after the VM command is called you could, in theory, set the userfield variable and store it that way.

come to think of it, that’s a damn neat idea - i would have never thought of using CDR to store those type of values…

gives me an idea for on-demand call recording - push the name of the record file to the CDR database to allow users to grab recordings later…

neat idea, fender - i’m going to borrow it.[/quote]

rob, steal and pillage mi amigo. Thanks for the advice, I will see if I can figure out how to pull the voicemail path into the that field.

Thanks!