Stanaphone+asterisk

hi there!
i just got an account from stanaphone and im trying to make it work so when i receive a call itll ring on any of my preconfigured extensions.
ive set the whole thing up with a howto i found on voip info, but, honestly, i dont know if im even getting registered in stanaphone sip server.
Although on AMP it says im registered on stanaphone, the log files shows me

Sep 7 15:52:28 DEBUG[1943]: ##### Testing 204.147.183.18 with 192.168.1.0
Sep 7 15:52:28 DEBUG[1943]: Target address 204.147.183.18 is not local, substituting externip
Sep 7 15:52:28 DEBUG[1943]: Scheduled a registration timeout # 6569
Sep 7 15:52:29 DEBUG[1943]: Stopping retransmission on ‘1bf66ce81fa31a0364e17157534d4047@127.0.0.1’ of Request 1218: Found
Sep 7 15:52:29 DEBUG[1943]: Stopping retransmission on ‘1bf66ce81fa31a0364e17157534d4047@127.0.0.1’ of Request 1219: Found
Sep 7 15:52:29 DEBUG[1943]: Registration successful
Sep 7 15:52:29 DEBUG[1943]: Cancelling timeout 6569

if im actually registered, how come everytime i try to dial the number i get stanaphones voice mail?
what would i have to put on the xtensions.conf file in order to get the call transfered to extension 101, for example?
thanks in advance!

Forget about the log files! You’ll get the most useful information from the command-line console. Either start asterisk with

asterisk -vvvvc

which will bring you straight into the console, with a verbosity level of 4, or start with

asterisk

and then do

asterisk -r

to connect a console to the running asterisk server. Then do

set verbose 4

at the console prompt. The second method means you can exit from the console with

exit

but still leave the asterisk server running in the background. Then you can connect to it again later, if you want to.

That way, you’ll get to watch what’s happening, while it’s happening and you can execute commands that will help you work out what’s going on. For example

sip show registry

will tell you whether you’re registered with stanaphone or not.

thanks 4 that! ive confirmed im registered.
but
i keep getting stanaphones voice mail :s
isnt there any asterisk “ethereal” or something alike?

Yeah - it’s called “ethereal”! :wink:

It works fine for checking out VOIP packets. However, it’s probably not what you want to use really. You can see from asterisk’s output what number you’re sending to stanaphone. If you’re sending a number that should work, but it doesn’t, then maybe you should query it with them. Are you sure you’ve got your configuration right?

[quote=“WillKemp”]Yeah - it’s called “ethereal”! :wink:

You can see from asterisk’s output what number you’re sending to stanaphone. If you’re sending a number that should work, but it doesn’t, then maybe you should query it with them. Are you sure you’ve got your configuration right?[/quote]

im too newbie! may sound stupid, but what do u mean by “asterisk output”?? could the number be wrong eve though im getting registered??

If you run asterisk from the command line with asterisk -vvvvc or connect to the running deamon with asterisk -r and then do set verbose 4 , you will get output from the server telling you what’s going on.

You need to check that what asterisk is sending to stanaphone is what it should be. It’s possible your dialplan has got mutilated somehow and the wrong number is being passed to stanaphone.

made it happen!!
i WAS registered, but had some errors on my config files. newbie mistake! thanks!!