[SOLVED] DPMA & sip:proxy not found (asterisk 11)

Hi,

I am trying to set up Digium Phone Module for Asterisk (DPMA) and I am running into a sip connection problem when the digium phone (D60) tries to provision itself by connecting to sip:proxy@{ipaddress}. I turned on sip debuging and its return an error: “SIP/2.0 404 Not Found”. I think the res_digium_phone module (version 3.2.2) is suppose to respond to the SIP MESSAGE command provided by the phone, but it not responding and Asterisk SIP is responding instead. here is the debug output

MESSAGE sip:proxy@192.168.1.7:5060 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.1.119:5060;rport;branch=z9hG4bKPjtqOoKyRf2lhtShMPcehuWx77L84m0u5p
Max-Forwards: 70
From: sip:192.168.1.119;tag=mJ3Dup1qCebQfASVAlcqdkzEb-DFDilo
To: sip:proxy@192.168.1.7
Call-ID: yKY-1ZTi0kiDkksMdJcGEjcYCTWPKp6Q
CSeq: 30022 MESSAGE
Accept: text/plain, application/im-iscomposing+xml
User-Agent: Digium D60 2_0_3_1_50e24a6
X-Digium-User-Agent: Digium D60 2_0_3_1_50e24a6
X-Digium-AppServer-RequestType: Handshake
X-Digium-AppServer-MACAddress: 000FD3xxxxxx
X-Digium-Software-Version: 2_0_3_1_50e24a6
X-Digium-AppServer-ID: bootc_279662
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Length: 875

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
[Clipped]
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
<------------->
— (16 headers 15 lines) —
Sending to 192.168.1.119:5060 (no NAT)
Receiving message!
Looking for proxy in default (domain 192.168.1.7)

<— Transmitting (no NAT) to 192.168.1.119:5060 —>
SIP/2.0 404 Not Found

in the DPMA documentation it states to set:
message_context=dpma_message_context
in the “res_digium_phone.conf” and set
outofcall_messages_context=dpma_message_context
in the “sip.conf”

But I think this is for older DPMA versions since the “message_context” property is no present in the es_digium_phone.conf.sample file.

At any rate, I can’t figure out what is missing, since its difficult to figure out from the documentation available, and I don’t fully understand how the DPMA modules communcations to an unprovisioned phone through asterisk. Please let me know if you have any suggesstions to correct this problem.

Thank You.

I figured out the issue. I misspelled the sip.conf configuration entries neeed:

accept_outofcall_message=yes
outofcall_message_context=dpma_message_context

I had used “messages” instead of message (ie accept_outofcall_messageS - there is no ‘S’)

Yay :slight_smile:

Were you pointed into the misspelling by any bad documentation?

Hi Malcolm,

Sort of. The Documention does not include how to configure sip.conf (or pjsip.conf). I found the configuration settings from the Digium youtube videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycTg4e-1PYA). Perhaps It was “messageS” or I just typo’ed them.

if you search the text of the Documention (Home - Asterisk Documentation) it does not include sip.conf configuration. Also applies to the older DPMA documentation versions (ie 3.2.2, 3.2.0, etc). No instructions for setting the sip.conf/pjsip.conf.

It would also be helpful if the documentation is included with the DPMA binary (in the tar ball).

Thanks!

Howdy,

That’s in:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/DIGIUM/Digium+Phones+when+used+with+DPMA#DigiumPhoneswhenusedwithDPMA-SIPConfiguration

Also, the res_digium_phones.sample configuration file includes:

; ---- DPMA CONFIGURATION FOR chan_pjsip ----
;
; In order to use the DPMA with the chan_pjsip module a
; default_outbound_endpoint needs to be enabled in pjsip.conf.
; This is accomplised by configuring a basic endpoint to use
; and then setting that endpoint as the default.
;
; Example pjsip.conf settings:
;
; [global]
; type=global
; default_outbound_endpoint=dpma_endpoint
;
; [dpma_endpoint]
; type=endpoint
;
; (see pjsip.conf.sample for more info)

I think your link is different that the default link that shows in the DPMA module (where you download and apply to get the licensing):

This is what I see:
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/DIGIUM/Digium+Phones+when+used+with+or+without+DPMA

I think the link you provided isn’t visible or not present on the shortcuts that appear of the left side. When I browse the shortcut list i only see: “Digium Phones when used with or without DPMA”. Click on the above link to see the issue.

Your link would have been very helpful

The link I posted is a child of this page:
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/DIGIUM/Digium+Phone+Module+for+Asterisk+(DPMA)+v+3.3.0

because it’s specific to DPMA. The “with or without” applies to things that aren’t specific to DPMA. There’s also a “without” page that applies to things that are pertinent to non-DPMA.