[Solved] Delay after Asterisk issue the Dial command

I looked at the config files about this.

Since I’m using AsteriskNow, the macro is a built-in feature, the Dial occurs in the macro…

I’ll continue searching, I’m adding a reply so if someone comes by he’ll know what platform I’m on and why removing the macro call takes a while… I’ll have to find where Asterisknow is doing that call.

EDIT : Tested the “remove all other DNS and leave only Google” solution, doesn’t change anything. Still have the delay. And AsteriskNow install dnsmasq, so I have local DNS caching…

Using AsteriskNOW doesn’t imply using a macro to do the dial. Using FreePBX may well do so but FreePBX isn’t supported here.

Since AsteriskNow ships with those dialplan, I assumed they were kind of implied into it. But you are right, the dialplans are from FreePBX.

I completely moved from AsteriskNow to FreePBX and the issue hasn’t came back. So I assume the actual AsteriskNow download is broken, since a fresh new install on a physical machine had the same problem.

Tanks to everyone for their time. I learned a lot of stuff with this issue. I’m pretty sure the macro has a problem somewhere that cause the delay. But since moving to FreePBX solved the issue for us, we won’t push any further and use FreePBX from now.

hi,

i need help who can help me resolve this message <<asterisk : Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk.ctl exist?)>>> when i try start asterisk

Please do not tail end existing threads, especially when unrelated. Also you need to use pre-formatted text for anything that contains angle brackets.