SIPml5 + WebRTC on video calls, caller microphone not working

Hi,

we are testing a webrtc installation using SIPml5 and asterisk 16.9.0.

We can correctly connect to our pbx using sipml5 and do audio calls with no issues, everything works, so far.

The problem happens when we try to do a video call. The user that starts the call will have is microphone not working but if the same user tries an audio only call or receives a video call, his microphone will be working correctly. We tried on different browsers, Chrome, Edge, Safari using different OS, Windows 10, MacOS, Debian, Fedora but everyone has this issue and we can’t figure out what it is.

Our pjsip.conf file contains:

[bob]
type=aor
max_contacts=1

[bob]
type=auth
auth_type=userpass
username=bob
password=*********

[bob]
type=endpoint
context=default
direct_media=no
;allow=!all,ulaw,vp8,h264
allow=opus,alaw,h264  
aors=bob
auth=bob
max_audio_streams=10
max_video_streams=10
webrtc=yes
rtcp_mux = yes

[lucy]
type=aor
max_contacts=1

[lucy]
type=auth
auth_type=userpass
username=lucy
password=********

[lucy]
type=endpoint
context=default
direct_media=no
;allow=!all,ulaw,vp8,h264
allow=opus,alaw,h264
aors=lucy
auth=lucy
max_audio_streams=10
max_video_streams=10
webrtc=yes
rtcp_mux = yes

Our rtp.conf file contains

[general]
rtpstart=10000
rtpend=20000
stunaddr=stun.l.google.com:19302

If you need more let me know and i’ll provide it. This is the first time we are approaching webrtc and we didn’t find a lot of topics on the internet with those same issues as we are having

Sounds like RTP is failing in one direction. Are lucy and bob behind NATs ? Or on the same LAN as your PBX ?

Hi @penguinpbx (ahah love that username)

no NATs, everything under the same LAN. To be honest we put the project on standby for now, but if you have any other idea I can try and see if it fixes it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.