SIP hotline. SIP phone off-hook connection to context

Hello, I am new to Asterisk and want to be able to take a SIP phone off-hook and have it connect to a context. The SIP extension is 1001 and my SIP trunk is (qtron25/x).
Basically I want a hot line to a SIP trunk.

My extensions.conf:
[phones]
include => internal

exten=>1000,1,Dial(SIP/1000,20)
exten=>1001,1,Dial(SIP/1001,20)

exten => s,1,answer()
exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=5)
exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=30)
exten => s,n,noop(${CALLERID(all)})
;; disa allows someone calling in from outside to obtain an “internal” system dialtone and dial calls
exten => s,n,disa(no-password,incoming_vt1)
;;; to DICES channels
exten=>1001,1,Dial(SIP/1001,20)

Thank you.

John

This isn’t something you control in Asterisk. It’s up to the device in question to do this, and it has to be configured to do so.

Ok, I am usng a Cortelco 2757 SIP instrument. I have been looking through the phone’s configuration settings, but can’t locate anything that would resemble what I am looking to accomplish. What am I looking for?

I couldn’t find it in the manual and I also couldn’t find any way of specifying a dial plan for the phone. Numbers are deemed complete after a five second pause or on pressing #. It looks to me as though this model is too down market for your requirement.

the only solution I see it to setup one of the “speed dial” buttons and use that to call you Trunk
as there is no option for “hot dial”

Thank you. Yes, I resorted to a speed dial button.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.