SIP fails to register

Hi Rob I also had a terrible time trying to get my snom 360/370 to register with *. I wasn’t able to figure it out until I found a setting on the 360 called “Listen on SIP TCP port”

It is located on the web GUI under the “advanced settings” under “advanced network” then “Listen on SIP TCP port:on”

Apparently the snom phones ship with the phones not set to listen for SIP packets on port 5060, and as such they fail registration. Hope this helps!

–Zaheer

Yes! this does make a difference - many thanks. :smile:
I read through the online manual for this phone only last week, and saw this setting, but, like so much documentation in the IT world, once you know what it means the documents make sense - unfortunately that doesn’t help those of us that don’t know and try to learn.
I will work to get this added to the snom*guru site.

That now leaves me with only one problem, it appears that my asterisk server has a phantom firewall in place, I need to make an outbound call from the *server to the phone e.g.from the *CLI> 'dial ’ with the phone host IP hard wired in sip.conf. Then I can hangup, change the sip.conf to host=dynamic and it will register…

Maybe I am approaching this all wrong, does the phone need to register? why not just hard wire the host to its permanent IP address, and somehow stop the phone trying to register…is that possible?

It would be good to find a place where the SIP protocol is clearly documented so a new comer like me can work out how to make sense of the 1000’s of configuration options that seem to exist.
Well, it appears I’m making some progress - albeit too slow :confused:

what distro are you using, if your using redhat based, at the bash type setup and press enter. Go over to firewall and disable, turn selinux off, if your behind a firewall appliance this should be no hazard for you.

Did you read the asterisk TFOT, it explains everything very well so even a new comer like you can understand what is going on.

SIP is just a protocol and like many others they have options, and configuration features, I’m sure you know how to give the TCP protocol an ip address… so it can’t be that hard now can it.

have fun

Here is the link
http://www.asterisk-france.net/data/Download/AsteriskTFOT.pdf