Shared (Bridged) line appearance

What is the status of 1.4 ?
Where can I find more information on what is going to be in that version ?

What would be the best method be to place a call on hold and then pick it up at another extension ? If I wanted to put a caller on hold and page someone to pick the call up what would I say in the anoucement over the page ? Currently on a small key sytem if you wanted to do this you would just page " Sales line ( whatever ) ". What would you say in the page to work around the SLA issue ?

Thanks,
–John Pierce

Hi

You just have to park the call and announce the parkbin number that is read out to you. For example
Park the call * tells you its parked in 701.
Page users telling them a call for such and such in 701
Such and Such goes to any phone and dial 701 and gets the call

Ian

…well, i think the feature wanted could be implemented, waiting for Asterisk people to put int SLA, with call-parking and app DevState from bristuff package.
It should be possible to set up some parking extensions as “shared lines”, mangle their status using DevState in the dialplan, and assign the BLF buttons on the phone to monitor and dial the parking extensions.
For instance, the GXP-2000 dials (with beta firmware) **300 when you press the speed dial key assigned at extension 300 if extension 300 is ringing. If the extension is a parking extension, and you have set it to “ringing state” with DevState when the call was parked… you should be able to pick it up (actually “de-park”) on anothe phone.
IMHO, with some dialplan tweaking I think it should be accomplished this way…

Again deal breaker here, can’t implement Asterisk in our office until this feature is in. Also cannot push this to clients until this feature is in, damn didn’t realize how many business’s really do want this feature. Asterisk is a dead issue at my office until this feature is implemented. Crappy :frowning:

Was thinking is this doable?

What about this each call comes in hits the automated attendant " press 1 for sales and 2 for service"

If they press 1 the system will ring 3 differenet extentions anyone can pickup the call and if another tech is required call park and tell bob called parked for you?

if two is pressed 3 extentions are also rung again all 3 phones are ringing???

If this works then perfect. Asterisk gets instaled this weekend :wink:

That works just fine. :smile:

The guys at SIPfoundry have this on their roadmap. It is expected in their august release. It is the one feature that I need to replace my Merlin Legend here at my house. I would prefer (but do not require) a redundant system (something they also support), but will probably go with whichever gets this feature finished first.

/carmi

I’m just getting into using Polycom phones after using Sipura’s for a while. Like a lot of others I’m finding them to be pretty complex beasts. (Edit file, reboot, wait… wait… wait… try again.)

I have an idea to at least make things easier on a small business and I was wondering if any of you geniuses would know off the top of your head how to implement this (as in, could you provide Polycom .cfg file examples and Asterisk .conf examples.) This certainly doesn’t solve the BLA problem, but for my needs and I suspect many of yours it would fake it reasonably. At least, the person answering the phone wouldn’t have to really operate differently than they already do.

1. First, a single call park/pickup area isn’t enough for a small office fielding multiple calls at once. I figure 3 would be enough though. At least in my immediate instance.

2. Therefore, does anyone know how to program an IP601 so that:
    a. on one phone you’d have a speed dial to call park extension #1.
    b. then on another phone you’d have a speed dial to pick up the parked call on extension #1. Perhaps even with busy lamp (“buddy”) showing on this phone.

3. Repeat that pair of parked speed dials 3 times with three different park extension areas.

4. Then a receptionist can take a call, park it on extension #1 using a speed dial, yell across the office. Then pickup call #2, park that on extension #2, yell across the office. Etc. Person #1 picks up their call by pressing a speed dial to park area #1, person #2 picks up their call, etc.

It certainly doesn’t solve the bridged line appearance problem, but it does make it fairly transparent to the user and give them functionality they’re used to.

FWIW, not having this feature in Asterisk has been 100% the showstopper for 3 different installations. Please don’t take that as a gripe, I just think it’s important to realize how much of an impediment it is to Asterisk world domination.

Hello Vinn,

What you are talking about already exsite. I’M using it on asterisk 1.2.5 box. The patch is not working with 1.2.7. Here is the link in the bugs tracker.

bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5779

You can also take a look there, it explain how to use this patch with a snom phone. But the same thing apply to polycom phone

voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+phone+snom

Look for this subtitle : Parking Lot Status / Access from the Programmable Buttons / LEDs

Sorry for the long delay - I didn’t realize I wasn’t getting my notifications on this thread.
I fixed the Shared Lines application I was talking about several months ago - and the office I setup has been running good since Feb '06.

Is the bug: 5779 going to be the new way of implementing ‘Shared Lines’ in Asterisk?
If so, I might lend a hand with my experience in making this work in a production environment.

You guys just let me know the route you want me to go.
I can either post my code, or help with the SVN. :smile:

Dustin Wildes
VecSector, LLC
1.912.422.7082 x101

I would be interested to know what you did dwildes. I am getting desperate for some sort of solution and I don’t think the metermaid solution is the way to go.

dwildes I’m intererested too by your solution for the shared call appearance homemade solution. Could you give us more info.

Yay! My forum notification email came in - so y’all don’t have to wait 6 more months until I reply! hahah

Those guys are running Asterisk-1.2.4, and I haven’t really bothered to touch it since then as they have been running rather good.

I’ll grab the modules off their server today, try to compile against Asterisk-1.2.9.1 and see if they load up correctly. If all is well, I’ll post some links where you all can download.

Dustin Wildes
VecSector, LLC
1.912.422.7082 x101

Sorry for the short delay.
Here is the link as promised:
vecsector.com/phonecall/valet/

Enjoy!!
:smiley:

Dustin Wildes
VecSector, LLC
1.912.422.7082 x101

Thanks you,

I ill giv e atry for sure.

[quote=“dwildes”]Sorry for the short delay.

Enjoy!!

Dustin Wildes
VecSector, LLC
1.912.422.7082 x101[/quote]

Thanks Dustin,

I will have to give this a try

How does this differ from the call parking setup in Features.conf in FreePBX 2.1.1/Asterisk 1.2.9.1?

Could you possibly post an example of how an incoming call would be handled?

Here is the features.conf setup that comes stock with FreePBX 2.1.1

;features.conf
;
; Sample Parking configuration
;

[general]
parkext => 70 ; What ext. to dial to park
parkpos => 71-79 ; What extensions to park calls on
context => parkedcalls ; Which context parked calls are in
;parkingtime => 60 ; Number of seconds a call can be
parked for (default is 45 seconds)

[featuremap]
;blindxfer => ## ; Blind Transfer
;disconnect => ** ; Disconnect Call
automon => *1 ; One Touch Record
;atxfer => *2 ; Attended Xfer

[quote=“dwildes”]Sorry for the short delay.

Enjoy!!

Dustin Wildes
VecSector, LLC
x101[/quote]

Thank you Dustin, i tried with some differents phones (Snom, Grandstream and Thomson) and works very well!
I have only changed the devstate from 3 to 6 (ringing) to be compatibile with the GXP20000 pickup.
Finally a simple but effective solution, and it’s best of the metermaid patch (http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5779) because the user can park directly in the slot.

Best regards,

Francesco

Ok, I see how it differs from the built in call parking. The BLF is not there on the stock call parking.

Unfortunately, this does not appear to work on an Aastra phone with V1.4 firmware :cry: . No BLF action at all. It does not appear to work properly on a Grandstream GXP2000 with the latest beta firmware either. The lights light like they should on the Grandstream but they don’t get turned off after the extension is hung up. I have to manually select a line and then the BLF extension which deactivates the light.

I guess this only works properly on a Snom phone. Anyone have it working on anything else?

I haven’t checked in a couple of weeks, but with the firmware I’m running on the GXPs, I’m having all kinds of issues with BLF. I’m also having issues with Asterisk crashing. I’m eliminating the GXPs from the picture over the weekend. If that solves my crashes, you’ll be able to find some GXPs on the street in front of my building :smile: Right now, I’m actually hoping it is the GXPs. System was running stable when it was a front end for my legacy PBX. I added the GXPs and started having problems. However, I also added chan_sccp. I’m hoping it is not the chan_sccp.

They are practically giving away GXP2000’s on Ebay. It’s great for testing since it can do a lot of stuff and has a pretty decent web GUI. Waaay too flaky and cheap sounding for a production environment though IMHO.