Shared (Bridged) line appearance

Another vote for SCA/BCA here. This functionality would be the deal breaker for a lot of my installations.

Maybe we should get a bounty together for this. Anybody interested?

Add me to the list… I’d chip in for a bounty on SCA/BCA.

Is this something that can be accomplished with an operator panel? What I’ve done with a few of my customers is installed an operator panel on their computers so that people that need to see the lines can. I’ve also had to explain to my customers that this is no longer a keyed system and they need to change their internal policies. A good example I give them is what if you had 100 phones in the office, would you need 100 buttons?

yeah FOP can do it but its far from a fix. I would also contribute to a bounty for Sip-B.

I was thinking more along the lines of IPSwitchBoard from ipsoftware.thorben.dk/. I don’t really like FOP. A bit slow.

Another Vote for SCA. I want to be able to place a call on hold at one set and pick it up easily at another set.

Would be very useful.

Hello All!

I had the need for shared lines at a small office with 15 SNOM 360s, with 6 analog lines. They were migrating from an older Comdial system and absolutely needed an easy method of putting a call on hold, walk across the building and easily press the button to take that person off hold.

We’ve been using it for about 9 months now, and just recently it broke with the latest 1.2 release, and I’m working on stablizing it.

It’s basically a hacked version of Brian’s ValetParking application, and an updated ‘devstate’ application to give the ‘hint’ or status of the parked call, in order to light up the line.

If anyone is interested in helping me stabilizing the code for 1.2.
I’ve got to get this working ASAP, and will probably be spending 24/7 on this issue until I have it worked out, so any and all help/bounty/programming would be beneficial.

Thanks!

Dustin Wildes
VecSector, LLC

Dustin… Let me know if you put up a bounty for this, I would definately be interested in throwing some money towards it. We have many customers that need a solution to SCA/BLA

I would also pay part of the bounty.

Same here

Just to update everyone in case you did not hear. The latest Aastra 9133i/480i firmware (v1.3.1) now fully support BLF and BLA or SCA or whatever you call it. I just tested BLF in asterisk and it works as it should. Asterisk still does not support BLA but the functionality IS in the Aastra phones now.

I’m glad that my phones now support this, but I wish there was something I could do to encourage development of this feature on Asterisk’s side. :frowning:

The new Aastra FW supports BLF (Busy Lamp Field) which isn’t really what this topic is about.

With the new firmware the Aastra phones supposedly now fully support BLA so how is that not part of what the topic is about. I think it IS related but what do I know, I only started the thread in the first place.

i heard on IRC that apparently next major * release might have SIP-B/SLA support… havent been able to find any info on this tho. Can anybody confirm? Apparently Kevin Fleming posted it to the mailing list or something but I haven’t been able to find it…

Kevin has commented a few times that they are looking at it. They don’t seem too keen on doing it as it sounds like a big project and they may want to focus more on other things. If these comments from him are very recent then it’s a good thing. If you are talking about what he said a couple months ago then I haven’t seen any movement on it since then.

I haven’t seen what this guy was talking about, according to him it was being very seriously considered for the 1.4 release. No details were provided though :frowning:

count me in as well, will pay part of the bounty

I would also be very interested in participating in the bounty/testing or anything that would help the BLA implementation in asterisk.

You may contact me at barns@uk.umis.net.

Now that we have several people willing to put some money in, how do we get Digium aware that there is money available for this cause?