Set(CALLERID) not working

Hello!
I am trying to set up a proper outbound caller ID. But it seemingly has no effect. I have attached a sample dial-plan below.

exten => _XXXXXXXXXX,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=1XXXXXXXXXX) exten => _XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@voipms) exten => _XXXXXXXXXX,n,Hangup()

And this is the output on debug.

I am probably doing something wrong, but I just cannot figure it out. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

If I understand your problem correctly, you seem to want to update the CONNECTEDLINE properties and not dhe CALLERID. The outbound channel does not exist before Dial gets called, so you need to do that in a predial handler.

This:

[Album] imgur.com [IMAGE] [imgur.com]

is all people who read the mailing list see.

If you cut and paste with preformatted text tags, everybody sees and everybody can copy if they want to try to replicate your issue.

Your Set and Dial lines both are using priority 1, so only the first one is registered.

A good opportunity to read up on same = n

You may also find you’re provider will only accept the callerID of numbers you’ve paid for or proved you own. In the past I would set up local caller ID’s for my wife to use to call people who owed us money but a few years back, that stopped being allowed.

I used to set the caller ID to the deadbeat’s mobile number.

People will ignore numbers they don’t recognize. Their own number takes them by surprise. Kind of sad that has gone away :slight_smile:

A long time ago, calling a mobile ‘from’ the mobile would route you to voicemail as the subscriber.

I think it was so misused by scammers it had to go, but it was nice while it lasted. I always had it set up so we could send 123-456-7890 as a CID when we didn’t want to show who we were. That one got answered more often than not.

Thanks guys! This worked! Works a charm now! But now, I have a new issue. Incoming calls give me an error saying it couldn’t be found in context “unauthenticated” Does anyone know why this may be the case?

Because your configuration (sip.conf) says to go to that context and the exten does not exist in that context. That’s a guess, but without a console log (maybe including SIP debugging) wrapped in preformatted text tags, all we can do is guess.

BTW, why are you using SIP instead of PJSIP?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.