RoIP PTT Software Control

Hello everyone.

It´s my first post in this forum. I have inherited a configured Asterisk (v1.8.15.0) on Linux (CentoS) that I use as SIP server to test some softphones in my network.

Now I´m testing with a RoIP (Radio over IP) device into the network. I have be able to create a new SIP extension through FreePBX web interface and transmit and recieve audio with a softphone. My new task is to manage PTT control signal of the device. I want to “press” and “release” PTT selector via software to have remote control. Does anybody know if asterisk is able to control this signals? Can I send a key combination (Key *, key #, etc ), frecuency combination o control signal to make it?

Thank you.

Pedro

For FreePBX support use freepbx.org/forums/

For Asterisk support use Asterisk Support on this board.

How does the phone support this using SIP?

As far as I know, Asterisk’s ability to programmatically send SIP during a bridged call is limited to connected line updates. For an unbridged call you can also send messages. So, in the unlikely event that the phone supports it, I doubt that Asterisk would support it.

I’d actually expect any phone that did this to use a protocol other than SIP, for this function, anyway.

I think that I hadn´t explain properly. The test is like this:

Radio <–> RoIP <–> Network <–> Asterisk <–> Network <–> Softphone (PC)

I’m able to send and receive audio with this configuration, but i need to press PTT of the radio station manualy. I wonder if its possible to configure Asterisk to send Control Tones to the Radio to manage the PTT. A new architecture could be like this:

Radio <–> RoIP <–> Network <–> Asterisk <–> Network <–> Softphone (PC1)
^
|_> Network <–> Software Control (PC1 or PC2)

Is it possible? Does anybody know if asterisk is able to control this signals? Can I send a key combination (Key *, key #, etc ), frecuency combination o control signal to make it?

You can use playtones or senddtmf.