Roaming user extensions

Is it possible to have a user login to a station, like an agent, and have the user have an extension that travels with them? I don’t want queues or anything like that. I just want a user to be able to sit at a desk and get their extension at that phone.

I believe the latest version of AMP offers this functionality.

I don’t believe that what you are looking for comes ready with Asterisk. You will need to program it.

Is this something I could do with a macro? Or by program do you mean something more complex?

I tried AMP briefly, I didn’t care for it. Does anyone have AMP installed with this functionality where they could show me the config changes this option makes?

I’ve done it with some changes to extensions.conf:

[phone-id]
exten => _*5X.,1,DBput(CF/${EXTEN:2}=${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => _*5X.,2,DBput(CF/r${CALLERIDNUM}=${EXTEN:2}
exten => _*5X.,3,Answer
exten => _*5X.,4,Wait(1)
exten => _*5X.,5,Hangup

exten => *5,1,DBget(temp=CF/r${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => *5,2,DBdel(CF/${temp})
exten => *5,3,DBdel(CF/r${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => *5,4,Answer
exten => *5,5,Wait(1)
exten => *5,6,Hangup
exten => *5,102,Hangup

[macro-stdexten];
;
; Standard extension macro (with call forwarding):
; ${ARG1} - Extension(we could have used ${MACRO_EXTEN} here as well
; ${ARG2} - Device(s) to ring
;
exten => s,1,DBget(temp=CF/${ARG1})
exten => s,2,Macro(stdexten,${temp},SIP/${temp})

exten => s,102,Dial(${ARG2},20)
exten => s,103,Voicemail(u${ARG1})
exten => s,104,Hangup

exten => s,203,Voicemail(b${ARG1}) ; busy
exten => s,204,Hangup

So by dialing *5_Your_Extension_ you can map a number to this phone. Not very save, but handy.
I’ve just turned junghanns Callforward:
junghanns.net/en/callforwarding.html

I’ve you have question, please ask.

iceberg13de,

you are using a database, is there a way to do it without using a database.

yes, I’m using the build-in-database. As far as I know EVER asterisk-server has this database. There are also the SIP/number - IP-Adress informations stored. This is not a MySQL database or something like this.

I’m not exactly sure, but I think, there is no way to do this without storing information anywhere on the asterisk server. If you do this with an external script you still have to store the information anywhere.

If you are using a sip phone you can also add an extra line to the configuration, but then you have to use the menu or a webinterface and this will be a bit difficult for your users.

I’m unable to get this working. When I dial *5XXX (The extension I want to get) everything seem find, no error in the CLI. But when I dial the extension I forwarded, DIAL(SIP/203) no route to host …

Any Idea ? Or any way I could get call forwardinf to work ?

is 203 the phone you dialed the number (*5XXX) in, or is it “XXX”?

A full output of debug and verbose would help, too.

I dial *5203 on a SIP phone. If i’m understanding well, now every call made to 203 should be routed on the phone I dialed the *5203.

But if I take a third phone and dial 203, the call is not forwarded.

Seem more clear ?

Dear All,
Please help me as soon as possible to get “roaming extensions”, I’m Network administrator for news agency and i use asterisk now, how to apply for asterisk now…Regards

I have been live with FreePBX in deviceanduser mode and roaming users are fine. Users login with *11, and get prompted for their extension, and their password, and that phone becomes their extension. The next thing for me is to make some modifications to send the Snom’s some XML stuff to change their idle screens to reflect what extension they are logged in as.

Get FreePbx installed and change amportal.conf about half way as follows:

AMPEXTENSIONS: the type of view for extensions admin

If set to ‘deviceanduser’ Devices and Users will be administered seperately, and Users will be able to “login” to devices.

If set to ‘extensions’ Devices and Users will me administered in a single screen.

#AMPEXTENSIONS=extensions
AMPEXTENSIONS=deviceanduser

Hi Team

I have configured the same way but i am not able to get roming profile.

Please suggets.