[Resolved] Asterisk w/ 2 T-1 PRI Cards

Hi All,

I’ve added another PRI Card to my system to support another T1 line that is coming in, both cards show up in /proc/zaptel/1 and /proc/zaptel/2

I setup the span in /etc/zaptel.conf like this:

#Card 1
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24

#Card 2
span=2,1,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=26-48
dchan=25

Runing a ztcfg -vvvv shows that all the channels configure properly.

I’ve also added this to my /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf

group = 1 channel => 1-23 channel => 26-48

When I start asterisk, it exits stating something about unable to configure the additional channels i’ve added “26-48”, am I missing something here? How should I begin to trouble-shoot this?

You need to set the following for the 2nd span like so:

zaptel.conf:
bchan=25-47
dchan=48

zapata.conf:
channel => 25-47

Thanks for that. I actually figured it out by playing around with it some more, and a bit of help from the phone company.

This is for those of you who encounter a similar problem/question

The first line we have coming in is a T-1 PRI line - which has a Delta channel and 23 B channels… I left that configuration alone.

The second line is actually a Full 24 channel T-1 without a Delta channel, this requires a e&m wink start – I configured this as a wink start in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf and configured all 24 channels. Inside /etc/zaptel.conf I have it set as all bchans and it works perfectly!

Thanks for your help on this guys, if anyone has a question about a system with 2 digium cards in it please let me know.

[quote=“shawno”]The second line is actually a Full 24 channel T-1 without a Delta channel, this requires a e&m wink start – I configured this as a wink start in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf and configured all 24 channels. Inside /etc/zaptel.conf I have it set as all bchans and it works perfectly!
[/quote]

The file /etc/zaptel.conf should not have ‘bchan=25-48’ and I’m surprised this is working. If it’s E&M signaling(with wink start) for this T1 you would need to use ‘e&m=25-48’ in /etc/zaptel.conf.

[quote=“angler”][quote=“shawno”]The second line is actually a Full 24 channel T-1 without a Delta channel, this requires a e&m wink start – I configured this as a wink start in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf and configured all 24 channels. Inside /etc/zaptel.conf I have it set as all bchans and it works perfectly!
[/quote]

The file /etc/zaptel.conf should not have ‘bchan=25-48’ and I’m surprised this is working. If it’s E&M signaling(with wink start) for this T1 you would need to use ‘e&m=25-48’ in /etc/zaptel.conf.[/quote]

Apologies for that, it is e&m=25-48

Thanks for that correction don’t want to lead anyone in the wrong direction.

Also this is not the solution for EVERY person with 2 ports, only for those with the same situation you have (one PRI and one E&M). The conf files you posted “could” have been correct if thats the way the T1’s were provisioned.