Random Conference user cannot be heard

We have an Avaya phone system that has H323 trunks to a Linux based Asterisk conference server. We only use the Asterisk system for conference functions. We have been troubleshooting an issue for some time now where randomly a user calling into the bridge cannot be heard by other participants and must hang up and call back into the bridge. I have captured sniffer packets of both sides of the call and have found that the user gets an audio channel to and from the Asterisk system and the traffic seems normal. However other users do not receive audio from that user. I’ve been trying to determine if the issue is on the Avaya or Asterisk side. I’m looking for any suggestions on how to diagnose or fix this issue. If you need any additional information please let me know.
Thanks,
Fred

OK Some more information regarding this issue. I’m really hoping to get some help here. First this is Asterisk 1.4.20. Also when I go into the asterisk console and execute the meetme list command the user that can not be heard is listed as “unmonitored”. We have no explanation why this happens and it happens randomly. I haven’t been able to find any other errors associated with this yet. Not sure if its a config issue, or bug. Any help would be appreciated.

User #: 01 TEST 1 Channel: OOH323/(null)-19c8 (Admin) (not talking) 00:14:48
User #: 02 TEST 2 Channel: OOH323/(null)-3041 (Admin) (unmonitored) 00:11:26
User #: 03 <outside #> 192.168.1.7 Channel: OOH323/(null)-cede (Admin) (not talking) 00:00:17

Thanks,
Fred

1. Look at your server load (htop)
  2. What h323 lib do you use? All opensource h323 lib are buggy, try to change it.