Questions about multiple CDR entries and ringing sounds

Hey everyone,

I have a very simple Asterisk 16.0.0 on Ubuntu 18.04 setup. I have just two phone numbers from a SIP provider that I’m matching directly in my extensions.conf without any wildcards. Each of these extensions is basically -

1,Wait(5) 
2,Hangup()

That’s all I’m doing in extensions.conf.

I’ve enabled unanswered call logging for my CDR in cdr.conf, and I don’t have any ring groups or internal extensions to dial.

My questions are -

1. I’m seeing multiple entries per call in my CDR (Master.csv). Sometimes calls have just one entry, and sometimes they have several (up to ten or twelve) entries. Some of them are marked “NO ANSWER” and some of them are marked “FAILED.” Can someone here shed some light on why this is happening? Most of my Google-ing seems to indicate that ring groups lead to multiple entries, but like I said before I don’t have any ring groups set up.

2. When I call one of the two numbers from my own phone, I don’t hear a ringing sound. Is this normal behavior? Again other posts seem to indicate configuring hold_music = RING on FreePBX or configuring certain settings on Ring Groups, neither of which are applicable in my case. Any insights on this?

Thank you very much! My setup is sparse because I’m a student just getting the hang of Asterisk, and am not someone in IT with several hundred phones to manage. Thanks for reading!

Hello,

some DIDs providers not recognize correctly a Hangup cause and

try to send you newly the call.

Try to change:

2,Hangup()

to

2,Hangup(603)

Regards

1 Like

Thank you for your response!

Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to work. I’m still getting multiple entries in my CDR.

What is the actual console output for this?

1 Like

By console output do you mean the CDR entries themselves or the logs I see when running asterisk -c?

Sorry if my questions are simple, I’m still fairly new to this.

The logs when running “asterisk -c”.

1 Like

Thanks for your response.

My current dialplan is -

1,Log(NOTICE,Incoming Call from ${CALLERID(all)})
n,Hangup(21)

This is the console output for one call from my phone to the Asterisk number. I got this output by running “asterisk -rvvvvv” to connect to Asterisk.

== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
> 0x7fc0b4034920 – Strict RTP learning after remote address set to: REMOVED
– Executing [PHONENUMBERREMOVED@incoming:1] Log(“SIP/192.168.5.233-0000007c”, “NOTICE,Incoming Call from “LOCATIONREMOVED” PHONENUMBERREMOVED”) in new stack
[Feb 13 12:45:12] NOTICE[2567][C-0000007d]: Ext. PHONENUMBERREMOVED @ incoming: Incoming Call from “LOCATIONREMOVED” PHONENUMBERREMOVED
– Executing [PHONENUMBERREMOVED@incoming:2] Hangup(“SIP/192.168.5.233-0000007c”, “21”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (incoming, PHONENUMBERREMOVED, 2) exited non-zero on ‘SIP/192.168.5.233-0000007c’
== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
> 0x7fc0b40d6c80 – Strict RTP learning after remote address set to: REMOVED
– Executing [PHONENUMBERREMOVED@incoming:1] Log(“SIP/192.168.18.40-0000007d”, “NOTICE,Incoming Call from “LOCATIONREMOVED” PHONENUMBERREMOVED”) in new stack
[Feb 13 12:45:14] NOTICE[2568][C-0000007e]: Ext. PHONENUMBERREMOVED @ incoming: Incoming Call from “LOCATIONREMOVED” PHONENUMBERREMOVED
– Executing [PHONENUMBERREMOVED@incoming:2] Hangup(“SIP/192.168.18.40-0000007d”, “21”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (incoming, PHONENUMBERREMOVED, 2) exited non-zero on ‘SIP/192.168.18.40-0000007d’

I’m using Hangup(21) because 21 is the ISDN mapping for SIP 603.

For this one call, I have two entries in my CDR and two entries in my messages log file.

Thanks!

Edit - I have also tried Hangup(603) to similar effect.

So yes, it appears as though the originating source is just attempting the call repeatedly. You’d need to figure out what will stop it from doing so. The behavior is up to the remote side.

1 Like

Understood, thank you very much!

Do you also happen to have any insights on the ringing question?

You’d need to show the console output for that scenario so it can be seen what precisely is going on.