Problem with dialplan?

Hi,

I am new to asterisk and was trying a few trivial things. Now here’s a problem that I’m facing. I want to have a dial plan, that plays a hello-world and then waits for the user response indefinitely.

My dial plan goes something like this.

[internal]
exten => 611,1,Answer()
exten => 611,2,Background(hello-world)
exten => 1,1,Dial(SIP/test1,10)
exten => 2,1,Dial(SIP/test2,10)

What happens is that I got the call through 611 and then I was expecting asterisk to wait for user response after playing hello-world. (basically a digit 1 or 2 from user). what happens is that asterisk hangs up the call immediately after playing hello-world. (The user is actually able to press digits 1 or 2 while music is being played, but immediately after the music’s done, asterisk hangs up the call). What am I doing wrong ? I am using asterisk-1.2.13. The end terminals are all X-Lite softphones 3.0

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards
Sathya

look at setting some timeouts, e.g. TIMEOUT(digit) and TIMEOUT(response)

edit: and then perhaps have the ‘t’ extension (which kicks in when the timeout is reached) go back to the start of the IVR.

ahh, i believe this is called auto fallthrough. In older versions of * if you fell off the end of the dialplan it would wait for the response timeout for you to dial something, then send you to either ‘t’ if you didnt dial something or ‘i’ if you didnt dial anything correctly.
New-style if you fall off the end it will just dump the call and be done with you.

Try adding WaitExten(15) to the end of 611 after the hello world file plays. That should fix you up.

There was a way to turn auto fallthrough off but I don’t remember it at the moment…

My simplified dial plan now reads

[internal]
exten => 611,1,Answer()
exten => 611,n,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=20)
exten => 611,n,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=20)
exten => 611,n,Background(hello-world)
exten => 1,1,Playback(digits/1)
exten => 1,2,Goto(internal,611,1)

But there’s no difference. The call still gets hung up after hello-world. Any ideas/suggestions ? I also have loaded ztdummy module (and zaptel just for use by ztdummy).

Hi, Sorry had posted the previous one before reading the latest reply. Thats indeed auto fallthrough. WaitExten fixed it. Thanks a ton.

i’ve just reviewed one of my IVRs (in use every day) and apart from the addition of a loop and ‘o’ and ‘a’ extensions, there’s no difference.

i guess you must have autofallthough set to ‘yes’ then.

nice one helix :smiley: