Problem installing 1.4 beta 3

Compiled and installed asterisk 1.4 beta 3

But it appears to compile without sip, iax or agi support.

It also required that I run configure before it would make.

Any ideas how to include the missing pieces.

i was going to say “as the docs already say” … but README doesn’t whereas UGRADE.txt does.

before doing a make, do a “make menuselect” and make sure SIP and IAX are selected in the Channel Drivers section.

also make sure that you have a modules.conf

I would work with the one from ‘make samples’

[quote=“billn”]Compiled and installed asterisk 1.4 beta 3

But it appears to compile without sip, iax or agi support.

It also required that I run configure before it would make.

Any ideas how to include the missing pieces.[/quote]

Thansk for the help. Went through the menuselect and got it compiled allright. Loaded modules.conf into /usr/local/etc/asterisk. But the gmake install does not load any modules into /usr/local/lib/asterisk/modules. The directory is empty. Am I missing something really obvious?

shouldn’t that be /usr/lib/asterisk/modules ??

I am on FreeBSD. That is the directory that ast has always used before. And it is the directory that the make file creates.

I am still unable to get *1.4B3 to make any modules. Am I the only one having this problem???

You might want to check out the following link; astrecipes.net/?n=216
If you follow it, its sure to work perfectly.

There is nothing in this post (astrecipes.net/?n=216) that I am not doing. But I still don’t get any modules in the modules directory.

OK, mystery solved.

In the new menuselct routine, there is a section called embedded modues. I had all of these checked. Somewhat counterintuitively, this prevents the modules.so files from compiing, so there is nothing for make install to install. That is why the modules directory was empty.

If you uncheck all the embedded modules checks, then the modules.so fileswill be created and installed properly.

Now maybe somebody could enlighten me as to what embedded modules really means.