Plus sign before CallerID (on Call files)

Hello.

I’m running Asterisk 1.6.2.9-2+squeeze10 (installed on Debian 32bit with apt-get and changed only sip.conf and extensions.conf files).

This is my example call file (Dial and Hangup after 5 seconds):
Channel: SIP/flowroute/00359898605050
Extension: 00359898605050
CallerID: 0898505050
WaitTime: 5

Everything works fine, but I can’t make the CallerID right - I need it to be local number, but Asterisk add + before it.

Any help is appriciated.

Asterisk will not add a +. It must be your dialplan that is doing that, or you may have connected line update, and the ITSP may be updating it.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Like I said, I use basic Asterisk configuration.
I’m connecting to flowroute.com’s SIP server to make calls.

sip.conf

[code][general]
register => USERNAME:PASSWORD@sip.flowroute.com
allow=alaw
allow=g729
registertimeout=20
context=default
allowoverlap=no
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=no
subscribecontext=from-sip

[flowroute]
type=friend
secret=PASSWORD
username=USERNAME
host=sip.flowroute.com
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=default
canreinvite=no
allow=ulaw
allow=g729
insecure=port,invite
fromdomain=sip.flowroute.com[/code]

extensions.conf (not used, since I use call files)

[default] exten => _XXXXXXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@flowroute)

You are actually using an obsolete version of an obsolete version of Asterisk and have some very common sub-optimal settings, and you seem to have a configuration that is wide open to toll fraud, but there is nothing there that would result in Asterisk modifying the caller ID, and Asterisk certainly doesn’t add +'s to caller IDs.

You should probably provide sip set debug on output, to show what caller ID Asterisk is actually sending, but even if it were modifying it, there is no way a bug report would be accepted against that version.

Note that you should never allow outgoing calls from a context used for incoming calls, in particular one with type=friend and insecure=invite. Please change the sip.conf section name immediately, as you have told attackers the last thing that they would need to guess.

Yes, I guess the SIP provider adds it, not Asterisk. I’ll trace the SIP connection log.