PJSIP Registration not working

I’m trying to set up asterisk with outbound registration using PJSIP. Below is an example configuration I’ve tried, copied directly from https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Configuring+Outbound+Registrations:

[my_provider]
type=registration
server_uri=sip:registrar@example.com
client_uri=sip:client@example.com
contact_user=inbound-calls

I recognize that this is likely not the way that this should be configured for my specific use case. With that in mind, here is my current configuration I’ve been using:

[my_provider]
type=registration
line=true
endpoint=my_provider_endpoint
server_uri=sip:my_provider_dns
client_uri=sip:username_provided_by_my_provider@my_provider_dns
outbound_auth=my_provider_auth

There is no contact_user because the carrier will determine that based on the number that is called.

For both of these configurations, when I run “pjsip send register *all”, I always get this error message:

"[2019-04-05 19:55:21] ERROR[13110]: res_sorcery_config.c:338 sorcery_config_internal_load: Could not create an object of type 'registration' with id 'my_provider' from configuration file 'pjsip.conf'"

Asterisk version:

Asterisk certified/13.21-cert2 built by root on a x86_64 running Linux

Could anyone please help with this configuration? @jcolp and @avayax I’ve seen you both be very helpful on these forums - any thoughts here?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Please don’t tag users with a request for assistance. If someone on this community support forum, including someone who might have previously responded on a thread/topic, chooses to engage and provide a (another) response, it’s up to them.

I’m going to see about getting this note added to one of the welcome threads…

Got it - apologies for any inconvenience.

First, you need to be more specific, or nobody will be able to help you. And yes, some settings are specific to whatever the service provider wants. That means, one also needs to look at SIP traces to catch the replies.

Secondly, there seems to be a misunderstanding as far as contact_user is concerned. I think it is always under your control and it is your entry point to the dialplan.

Thirdly, depending on what your service provider wants, the server_uri may need a different format.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.