PJSIP how do I add a Prefix only to INVITE and not to the "To" header

Oure current provider vant that we send a INVITE with a prefix but that prefix should not be part of the To: header

provider request that we add a prefix “03” to INVITE, but I cant find any options to set INVITE to something else

like this PREFIX=03

INVITE sip:034588888888@1.2.1.1;user=phone SIP/2.0
From: <sip:+4511111111@tdc-sbg-2.uni-tel.dk;user=phone>;tag=f364b7c9-8ac7-4886-a737-1e0f0d037340
To: <sip:+4588888888@1.2.1.1;user=phone>

have tried to use these, with no luck

[default|
Dial(PJSIP/accout1/sip: ${PREFIX}{NUMBER}@${REMOTE_IP})
[default|
Dial(PJSIP/${PREFIX}{NUMBER}@accout1/!+${NUMBER})

https://blog.michael.kuron-germany.de/2014/10/asterisk-change-number-in-to-header/

[default|
Dial(PJSIP/${PREFIX}{NUMBER}@accout1,,b(Dial_Handler))

[Dial_Handler]
Set(PJSIP_HEADER(add,To)=+${NUMBER})
Set(PJSIP_HEADER(add,INVITE)=${PREFIX}{${NUMBER})

My understanding is that chan_pjsip only supports the standards recommended method of setting To: and the request URI to the same value, when originating a call.

As you can see, from rfc3261 your ITSP is requiring you to violate a SHOULD level requirement of the SIP RFC, so they cannot expect their service to work with an arbitrary SIP client.

3 Likes

Indeed, there is no ability that I can think of currently to set them differently.

Thanks for the quick answer
I will contact our TSP and tell the to provide documentation to where in the RFC that state INVITE and To is allowed to differ
as according to rfc3261 it violate a SHOULD level requirement

#section-8.1.1.1
"The initial Request-URI of the message SHOULD be set to the value of the URI in the To field. "

section-12.2.1.1
“The URI in the To field of the request MUST be set to the remote URI from the dialog state.”

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.