Outgoing (internal and external) Call Failed

Hello,
We have been experiencing “call failed” when performing an internal/external outgoing calls. First we thought it was the Aastra 57i phone, so we resolved by giving the user a new phone. It was fine for a few hours but the “call failed” came back… We figured that it might have something to do with the firmware, so we thought we resolved it by installing the newest version for Aastra 57i. Same thing, it was fine for a few hours, then it started to do “call failed” again. It was only happening with one users but now we have 5 users that has that problem, and we are afraid that it will happen to all the users soon. I don’t know if there is a threshold or conflict happening, or if it is holding a connection open. We are unable to see the logs in the CLI command, however we can see the logs when running a low level debug. It’s hard to notice any pattern, the problem would arise so random.

We did find a temp fix, that’s unplugging the phone completely (power and ethernet cable) and waiting for a couple of minutes… then plug it in and it would work.

If someone can please help me out, or if anyone experience this problem before, please provide assistance.

Thanks,
KQ :smile:

You really need to get the debug info…

When this happens to the phone next time, check to see if the phone is still registered by typing in “core show hints”.

is this happening to all Aastra 57i phones you have?

[quote=“russelltreacy”]You really need to get the debug info…

When this happens to the phone next time, check to see if the phone is still registered by typing in “core show hints”.

is this happening to all Aastra 57i phones you have?[/quote]

Thank you so much for your help Russel… we were able to find the solution for this problem. It was an incorrect synthax in the extensions.conf.

Thanks again.

Could you provide some details what you have done to solve your problem?
Ioan.

I’m sorry loan but I don’t exactly remember that specific synthax. I do recall that it was hanging on to a call and would not drop it so then next time a person with the same extension would try to use their phone… it would be a busy signal.