ooh323 in asterisk 1.8.7 problem in hangup vith avaya

Hi,
i’m using asterisk with ooh323 addon to connect to avaya PBX,
it nearly works, I can call from asterisk, receive call from avaya, answer and talk with a good quality,
the only problem is when asterisk make a call to avaya extension for a while, than asterisk hangup a NO_answered call,
in this scenario avaya pbx do not recon hangup and keep ringing the internal extension for very long time.
I sniffed the network with wireshark to see the protocol messages, and I found that asterisk when hangup send only the ReleaseComplete msg, while it should send the H.245 EndSession command before or at list the CloseLogicalChannel.

As more problem detaiI, in message trace I find out that asterisk marks h323 messages as version 4, while avaya marks messages as version 2.
Could be this different version the problem? Is there a way to configure asterisk to use h323 v2?

in ooh323.conf I use:

gatekeeper=DISABLE

faststart=yes
h245tunneling=yes
dtmfmode=rfc2833

Thanks in advance.
Stefano.

Hi,

I don’t know if you still have this problem, still, i’d like to share my fix for it. It was a really ugly hack on ooCalls.c:

--- ooCalls.c.orig      2012-09-25 16:18:19.000000000 -0300
+++ ooCalls.c   2012-09-25 15:52:53.000000000 -0300
@@ -254,6 +254,7 @@
         call->callState == OO_CALL_CLEAR_RELEASERECVD)
      {
         ooSendReleaseComplete(call);
+        ooSendEndSessionCommand(call);
         OO_SETFLAG(call->flags, OO_M_RELEASE_BUILT);
      }
    }

Now Asterisk sends a EndSession to the Avaya after the ReleaseComplete, which makes it understand that the call is over.

It would be more helpful if you submitted this as a patch on issues.asterisk.org/jira/ You need to agree to license it for commercial use, or it will not be used. A patch here will never get into the official code, unless its original author submits it properly.