ooh323 channel with Asterisk v1.2+

I have compiled and installed ooh323 in the CVS HEAD (as of minutes ago) from within the /usr/src/asterisk-addons/… And, the modules loads, based on the settings in /etc/h323.conf, but when I do a show channel types it does not show up.

[quote]- Show modules:

chan_ooh323.so Objective Systems H323 Channel 0

• Show channel types:

waldorf*CLI> show channeltypes
Type Description Devicestate Indications Transfer

SIP Session Initiation Protocol (S yes yes yes
Feature Feature Proxy Channel Driver no yes no
Agent Call Agent Proxy Channel yes yes no
IAX2 Inter Asterisk eXchange Driver yes yes yes
Local Local Proxy Channel Driver no yes no [/quote]

I had this working in v1.2beta1 with no problem. Has something changed in v1.2-beta2 on this front?

It appears, it is now expecting /etc/ooh323.conf and you must refer to the channel as Dial(OOH323/…).

Do you mean /etc/ooh323.conf or /etc/asterisk/ooh323.conf :question:

I mean /etc/asterisk/ooh323.conf and will be posting shortly, along with the Avaya DTMF/Codec settings. I am also going to document this on the VoIP Info Wiki.

That sounds great MuppetMaster, I know myself and others would find that very useful! :smiley:

Hi, I am trying to connect my Asterisk to AVAYA too. Currently, I’ve an extension number in avaya with a password (i can use this extension number and password with the AVAYA softphone )

Can i use this extension number + password and let asterisk connect to the AVAYA as a end-point?

If you may solve that problem, then I will kiss you. I have only been able to get Asterisk and Avaya to connect via a trunk and not via an extension/GK. This means I have had to configure the interface as H323, and not the ‘IP Phone’ on the avaya.

The reason I would like to be able to do this as an extension is to be able to obtain CallID and proper tracking via the TSAPI/CT Server, which I do not get when connected as a trunk. Avaya nor anyone else has been able to sort this, although I think there may be some kind of special licensing issue.

[quote=“MuppetMaster”]If you may solve that problem, then I will kiss you. I have only been able to get Asterisk and Avaya to connect via a trunk and not via an extension/GK. This means I have had to configure the interface as H323, and not the ‘IP Phone’ on the avaya.

The reason I would like to be able to do this as an extension is to be able to obtain CallID and proper tracking via the TSAPI/CT Server, which I do not get when connected as a trunk. Avaya nor anyone else has been able to sort this, although I think there may be some kind of special licensing issue.[/quote]

sigh…i’ve tried ooh323, oh323 etc. but without success. I am not even sure if it is because ooh323 does not have any provisioning to enter the “password”.

none of the softphone (SJphone/gnomemeeting etc) can be used to login to this extension number too.

My Asterisk config that works with the Avaya H323 channel (but as a trunk):

[quote=“ooh323.conf”][general]
port=1720
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
h323id=ObjSysAsterisk
e164=100
gatekeeper = DISABLE
context=internal
disallow=all ;Note order of disallow/allow is important.
allow=alaw
dtmfmode=h245signal[/quote]

lists.digium.com/pipermail/aster … 45767.html
hi,

Depends, but if it is a standard H.323 yes. If it is ‘Avaya H.323’ NO.

I am not sure if * support it ‘as is’, but you probably need to run
H.323 as a Terminal endpoint.

To test, just connect with OpenPhone.

‘Avaya H.323’ is basically RTP/RTCP as normal and H.323 towards their
PABX while they use a different, proprietary protocol to the endpoint.
This is the SCP (Single Connection Protocol), some serious crap written
with the only purpose of making sure that you still need an Avaya PABX.
(They actually solved a few H.323 issues as well to be honest).

Jan

I’ve a softphone account to a AVAYA H.323 system, basically, it has a
numeric ID (which is the extension number) and a numeric password.

Instead of using the default AVAYA softphone (H.323), can I make
asterisk as a H.323 client and login to the AVAYA system via any one
of its h323 modules?

I have added this configuration to my Asterisk system as outlined by MuppetMaster and will give it some testing tomorrow.

Is there any particular configuration that is needed on the Avaya end?

Thanks