Need to know more about Asterisk

Hi there,

I need to know the following on Asterisk:

1. Call Transfer. If the person no answer for X seconds, retrieve back the call then decide who is the next guys to transfer.

2. Call Intercept (remote call pickup). E.g. when A’s SIP phone is ringing, how should B answer his/her phone?

3. Database connection. Can we access to Asterisk database to retrieve/alter data, i.e. get realtime online status?

4. PSTN Caller ID. We had a E1/PRI line, can we get the PSTN caller ID shows on the client’s SIP phone w/o using Digium card?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Roa Yu

Hi
Answers of your querys

1. Call Transfer. If the person no answer for X seconds, retrieve back the call then decide who is the next guys to transfer.
    Ans.- Yes u can simply u want to crteate Hungroup like queues or Using Multiple dail line u can do tha ilike this
    exten =>xxxx,1,Dial(SIP/2010,20,Tt)
    exten => xxx,2,Dial(SIP/2012,20,Tt)
    This way u can do that

2. Call Intercept (remote call pickup). E.g. when A’s SIP phone is ringing, how should B answer his/her phone?
    Ans.-for thsi Plz check Features.conf where u can found such pick up feature didgit which u can use for this so, suppose Feature digit is *8 then person B can pick that call by dailing *8

3. Database connection. Can we access to Asterisk database to retrieve/alter data, i.e. get realtime online status?
    Ans.-If ur requiremnt is less u can use unernak Asterisk DB callled as astdb for fuction like DND or call foward using Dbput DBdel commands
    But ur rqeuiremnt is large & diffrent than fuction like above lets say Real time Use Mysql or odbc on vpip- info.org u can find all the info for th same

4. PSTN Caller ID. We had a E1/PRI line, can we get the PSTN caller ID shows on the client’s SIP phone w/o using Digium card?
    Ans.-As i am not use Any Pri line so i cant tell more about that w/o Digium card

Amit

Hi Amit,

For Question 3, on Database connection. I would like to know where Asterisk store the registration (i.e.register success) & the availability status (i.e. busy) of a user?

Thanks.

RoaYu

Hi
Ithink you want to check & display such status on any GUI or display. But using Database i dont think it is possible for resgitration.
Regarding Busy u can easly get from Channel or device also from DB column . only problem how u will retirve that from DB check that by searching.

Amit

Hi Amit,

But if i’m not using database, how should i display those users registration status? FYI, i need to display it on another machine that run on Windows.

If i would like to get those busy status, which table and column on Asterisk that i need to get it from?

Thanks.

RoaYu