Need help regarding IAX trunks

Recently we tried trunking two asterisk servers, both are running at different version (one running on pbx in a flash, asterisk 1.4.21.2. other on CentOS 5.3 final, asterisk 1.6.0.9).
However only the server running on asterisk 1.4.21.2 was able to call asterisk 1.6.0.9 but not the other way round.

Below are the configuration we made on each file.

Server running on 1.6.0.9
iax.conf:

[quote][AsteriskA]
type=friend
host=192.168.1.2
username=Asterisk
secret=password
auth=plaintext
context=siplocal
peercontext=siplocal
trunk=yes
allow=all
insecure=very
qualify=yes
nat=yes
register => Asterisk:password@192.168.1.2[/quote]

extensions.conf:

Server running on 1.4.21.2
iax.conf:

[quote][AsteriskB]
type=friend
host=192.168.1.3
username=Asterisk
secret=password
auth=plaintext
context=siplocal
peercontext=siplocal
trunk=yes
allow=all
insecure=very
qualify=yes
nat=yes
register => Asterisk:password@192.168.1.3[/quote]

extensions.conf:

Some points to take note, both are running on public address, we changed the public address to private for privacy consideration.
We created SIP accounts/extensions and trunked both the servers using IAX trunking method.

The problem is we are not sure whether the different versions in the asterisk server are causing the problem or any other configuration error.

Please Advice. Thanks in advance.

Try using DUNDi …! It works great, it worked for me and i hope it will work for you too ! Check it out i have posted it on blog…

shishir.com.np/?q=node/13

[quote=“shishirnp”]Try using DUNDi …! It works great, it worked for me and i hope it will work for you too ! Check it out i have posted it on blog…

shishir.com.np/?q=node/13[/quote]

Thanks for the quick reply! trying out now, will post the result when its done. another question hope you dont mind, currently we are using SIP accounts and IAX2 to trunk them together. Is it useful working it with SIP extensions?

Thanks in Advance.

Yes ! It is …Read the complete tutorial and implement it, you will get your every answers !!

–cheers

Hi

If you have just 2 simple systems then use

instead of

for calling between them

Ian

[quote=“ianplain”]Hi

If you have just 2 simple systems then use

instead of

for calling between them

Ian[/quote]

Got it working, but still have some video capability issues.