Music on Hold Server - Long queue length warning

Hi, I’m running an Asterisk 11.5.1 box as a music on hold server. Our conferencing platforms dial into the box over sip and depending on whatever extension they dial, they get a particular music directory. It’s all working well. The only issue is that after about 24 hours, I start seeing this in the CLI:

[Sep 27 19:55:00] WARNING[28230][C-00000002]: channel.c:1309 __ast_queue_frame: Exceptionally long queue length queuing to SIP/123020-00000002
[Sep 27 19:55:00] WARNING[28230][C-00000002]: channel.c:1309 __ast_queue_frame: Exceptionally long queue length queuing to SIP/123020-00000002

I know I have exceptionally long queues and I expect to be able to leave these calls up for 6 weeks. Is there a setting that I can configure so that I don’t get these messages? I’ve tried searching but all the queries or about why you get the messages - in this case, I know why, I just don’t want them.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer. Rick

Why do you have exceptionally long queues, and how do you know that you have them? Queue here has nothing to do with the Queue application.

Without studying the code further, I’m not sure whether this could be caused by timing issues (one side sending faster than the Asterisk is sending, or whether it represents a total stall of the media stream, or possibly of control message processing.

It is either the result of a fault condition in the environment, or a bug in Asterisk.

Ah - didn’t realise that they weren’t the same - I presumed that the queue message meant that the caller had been queueing for an extended period.

This is the call flow from my extensions.conf:

exten=>7503,1,Answer
exten=>7503,n,MusicOnHold(m3)

So basically answer and then play the m3 hold music forever. I take it this is ok to do…?

Looks OK.

The queue over long message is relating to the internal stream of media frames and control messages.