I’m trying to deploy a pbx for allowing softphones in mobile devices to work:
- From internal wifi network when connected.
- From anywhere (4g/other connection) when disconnected or out of range.
Details of the deployment:
- asterisk v16.4.0 with bundled PJSIP, ICE enabled in RTP and endpoints, directmedia=no
- Independent network card for internet access via NAT (10.0.1.0/24)
- Independent network card for Wifi network (192.168.1.0/24)
- Softphone registration: I’m using a DNS pointing to the external IP address.
I succeded to make it to work with NAT loopback enabled in the router but in the Wifi the RTP flow like this:
normal endpoint <-> pbx to <-> external router <-> pbx <-> external router <-> multihomed endpoint
Should not ICE handle this situation and avoid using the external router for connecting the endpoints?
The IP address configured in the Wifi network interface is offered as a candidate:
a=candidate:Hc0a801c8 1 UDP 2130706431 192.168.1.200 12370 typ host
Should not asterisk directly connect using this interface instead external router?
I found this other thread 74276, but it’s related to handoff from 4g to wifi, in this case it’s not required.