MixMonitor channel overlap

Hey all ~

I’m recording all calls in and out of our call center using mixmonitor to a wav file. after a few minutes during the conversation, you start to notice the timing on the channels are off. By the end of the call, the answers are coming before the questions are being asked.

Does anyone know why this may be happening???

asterisk 1.4.28 / centos 5.4 / dual quad core 2.4ghz xeon / 4gb ram

Thanks!
Greg

What timing source are you using?

The whole system is IP, so I’m using the pseudo channel.

Wow, feeling a little slow… Thanks for the hint!!! I totally forgot about the timing source deal and using a dummy channel. pseduo is not a channel. I ran lsmod and dahdi_dummy was not loaded. I ran modprobe dahdi_dummy and it loaded. Then reloaded dahdi, and now dahdi_tools says the dummy channel is loaded, but unconfigured. Couldn’t find any configuration examples, and a couple guys on freenode#asterisk said there wasn’t a config for it, asterisk just used it if it was loaded… Don’t know if that’s true, but I guess I’ll see…

Thanks Again!!! :smile:

The latest version of dahdi does the fallback timing in the main part of the driver and doesn’t need dahdi_dummy.

However, you may want to see whether this bug report applies to you: issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-16578