mISDN : how to manage à third call on a 2 channels phonelin

Hello,

I use a Beronet 4 ports BRI card with Asterisk and misdn. Everything works fine except this. I have 2 ISDN lines, every line can handle 2 calls at the same time. So, my plan is to automatically forward the calls incoming on the first line to the second line if the the first line is busy.

I am in Belgium and my provider is the national operator (Belgacom).

To realise this, as stated in my manual, I do the following combination 67#. I get a special tone, so I guess this part is working.

To make my tests, I use 3 mobile phones. When the third rings, here is the log :
P[ 2] --> Call Waiting on PMP sending RELEASE_COMPLETE
P[ 2] GOT IGNORE SETUP
P[ 2] CC_RELEASE_COMPLETE|CONFIRM [TE]

Then, I try to change my misdn.conf to “max_incoming=4” (in place of 2), I get then :
P[ 2] Jitterbuffer Underrun. Got 18 of expected 128
P[ 2] handle_frm: frm->addr:42000203 frm->prim:3f082
P[ 2] channel with stid:10010200 in use!
P[ 2] channel with stid:10020200 in use!
P[ 2] channel with stid:0 not in use!
P[ 2] handle_frm: frm->addr:42000203 frm->prim:30582
P[ 2] set_channel: bc->channel:0 channel:0
P[ 2] NO USERUESRINFO
P[ 2] find_free_chan: req_chan:0
P[ 2] !! NO FREE CHAN IN STACK
P[ 2] lib Got Prim: Addr 42000203 prim 30582 dinfo 40142
(…)

As I understand, he tries to use 3 channels on a line which can handle 2.

Maybe I am wrong, but I think a solution could be to send a busy tone if 2 lines are busy. Any clue how to achieve this (or how to handle this). I must not be the only one who want to handle more than 2 calls at the same time :wink:

Thank you in advance.

It is working. The problem was on the side of the provider. I am not sure, but I think it is the “call waiting” feature which was causing the problem. It is supposed to make a bip if you have a second call, but it has never worked. To deactivate it, you have to make #43#. If it is not that, it was then the “answering machine service”. (you have to phone them to deactivate this).

This 2 functionalities are of no use for us, but are activated by default.