May help people

I have just spent about 3 hours wondering why I couldn’t use an absolute path using playback/stream file etc.

I feel rather dumb (I put it down to a long day) so have spent 3 hours debugging where the issues was occurring. I run se-linux and this was the course however asterisk wasn’t helping me much with its errors.

Asterisk uses the system call “stat” to check for files but doesn’t include the error response, simply that it does not exists. perhaps including the error response would help trouble shoot - this will log why asterisk cannot open the sound file.

file.c - line approx 470 (asterisk 10)

edit to the below

if ( stat(fn, &st) ) { /* file not existent */

ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Your Error : 15x %s\n", strerror(errno));
                            ast_free(fn);
                            continue;
                    }

For legal reasons, patches submitted here will not be used and may cause problems for someone submitting a similar patch through the proper channel.

You need to get a JIRA account, get the relevant permissions within your organisation, then sign the electronic contributor agreement, and finally submit a patch, in unified diff format, as an attachment marked as being code or documentation.

As this is a feature request, the patch needs to be made against the SVN trunk version, not the release versions.