Macro is deprecated but GoSub can't do this

Hello!
I used old asterisk for mass bulk calls. Performance is good without unnecessary modules and with chan_sip.

In 2022 I want to do some tests with newest version of Asterisk (with actual chan driver) and with non-deprecated modules&application to compare performance.

Unfortunately Macro application is deprecated, and I can’t do this:
channel originate Local/number*some_arguments@from-context/n application Macro some-special-macro
where in Macro I have something like that:

exten => s,1,Answer()
same => n,Playback(123123)
same => n,Noop(123123)
same => n,Background(123123)
same => n, etc...

So what I have to use instead?
When I use other applications (Goto, Gosub) - call is being dropped.

I can use Dial application, but really it looks weird for me:
channel originate Local/number*some_arguments@from-context/n application Dial Local/s@some-special-macro/n

Also I can use channel originate Local/number*some_arguments@from-context/n application Stasis some-special-app and control this call with ARI… But it looks like unfair comparison.

Any suggestions?
Thank you!

Why wouldn’t you just send the dialed Local channel directly to the dialplan?

How? For example? Calls generated programmatically via AMI.
Or you talking about channel originate Local/123@from/n extension 123@dialplan? Call will hang up after answer.

Yes, I’m referring to the use of “extension” in the “channel originate” CLI command, or the same in AMI originate. I use it often, as do others, and it works fine. If it’s not working for you then you’d need to show what is going on - as it should be the equivalent to your use of Macro. Note that if you haven’t renamed your macro context, then it would fail because the context would be “macro-name” and not “name”.

I sues something like this

Action: Originate
ActionID: 1234567890
Channel: Local/200@context-a
Context: context-b
Exten: 201
Priority: 1
Async: true

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.