Int extension <-> ext extension = no sound

Hello gents,

I have a small thing here:

Asterisk box in the office (NAT), 2 internal sip extensions, 1 external sip extension. When a call from outside comes in, any sip extension can answer - everything is fine. Any extension can dial out - everything is perfect. BUT when smb on internal ext call the external extension = no sound at all.

Config:

Asterisk 11.2.1
Port forwarding 10000-20000 is configured on the firewall
nat=comedia (I have tried force_rport as well)

I believe the sound is being forwarded from ext extension to the asterisk box itself, which in its turn does not know what to do with it.
Any help would be highly appreciated and anticipated.
Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.
Gent

Hello i have the same problem. When I set the externaddr option. There is no Audio from internal Devices. External SIP devices work perfectly. Without externaddr only Internal devices get´s audio.

Meine SIP.conf:
[general]
context=intern
bindport=5060
bindaddr=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
srvlookup=yes
externaddr = XXX.XXX.XXX.XX1
localnet=XXX.XXX.XXX.2/255.255.255.0
localnet=XXX.XXX.XXX.3/255.255.255.0
media_address = XXX.XXX.XXX.XX1
;matchexternaddrlocally = no
directmedia=no
maxexpiry=360
defaultexpiry=120
allowguest=no
nat=force_rport,comedia
transport=udp

[81 intern]
type=friend
secret=XXXXXXXXXX
context=SIPin
callerid=“81” <81>
host=dynamic
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
deny=0.0.0.0/0
permit=xxxx.xxxx.xxx.1/255.255.255.0

[91 extern]
type=friend
secret=XXXXXX
nat=force_rport,comedia
context=SIPin
callerid=“Extern” <91>
host=dynamic
canreinvite=no
qualify=yes
disallow=all
allow=gsm

Generally, I would want to see the SDP exchange, rather than guessing. However, in the mean time, obfuscating addresses in such a way that one cannot distinguish between different obfuscated ones is not very helpful, and it is rarely necessary to obfuscate internal addresses.

Hey david55, thanks for the reply. If you could be more specific, I would gladly provide the info.
Thanks again.

Enable full log for all categories in logger.conf.

core set verbose 3
core set debug 5
sip set debug on

Edit out irrelevant exchanges, like REGISTER and OPTIONS.

When obfuscating IP addresses, make sure that the network part of any local networks is the same for all uses and different from any other network part. Preferably retain the 192.168, etc., to make clear it is private use. Adjust the node part of addresses so that distinct addresses are distinct but equal addresses are equal.

Post the log inline, e.g. as “Code”. I don’t like having to fetch them from outside every time I look at a posting.