Installing Dahdi

I’m trying to install Dahdi according to the following link

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Building+and+Installing+DAHDI

However, I’m using the latest 3.1.0 complete and im receiving fatal error: linux/pci-aspm.h., which I’ve included a snippet

CC [M] /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-3.1.0+3.1.0/linux/drivers/dahdi/oct612x/oct612x-user.o
In file included from /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-3.1.0+3.1.0/linux/drivers/dahdi/oct612x/oct612x-user.c:28:
/usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-3.1.0+3.1.0/linux/include/dahdi/kernel.h:62:10: fatal error: linux/pci-aspm.h: No such file or directory
#include <linux/pci-aspm.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[4]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:316: /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-3.1.0+3.1.0/linux/drivers/dahdi/oct612x/oct612x-user.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:556: /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-3.1.0+3.1.0/linux/drivers/dahdi/oct612x] Error 2
make[2]: *** [Makefile:1545: module/usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-3.1.0+3.1.0/linux/drivers/dahdi] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory ‘/usr/src/kernels/4.18.0-269.el8.x86_64’
make[1]: *** [Makefile:74: modules] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-3.1.0+3.1.0/linux’
make: *** [Makefile:9: all] Error 2
[admin@localhost dahdi-linux-complete-3.1.0+3.1.0]$

I’m using the most up to date CentOS and Asterisk. Should I be using a different OS or a certain Asterisk version?

I’m just trying to setup an Asterisk server to setup a call file and get more familiar with the program.

Although I don’t know the answer, this seems to be a duplicate of Fatal error: linux/pci-aspm.h: No such file or directory

No, it’s not a duplicate for me, he’s using CentOS and I’m using Ubuntu, and he’s not building it via buildroot, which I am.

This is an issue with CentOS8. It used to work and it seems that CentOS no longer comes with the files needed to satisfy Dahdi.

HOWEVER if you do follow Hi! My DAHDI compilation doesn't work! - #2 by Rmcgrath and build dahdi from git it does work on CentOS8.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.