Installation problem with zaptel

Hi,

I’m having a problem when installing zaptel. I downloaded the source files needed. But when I run make i get the following error message.

[color=blue]You do not appear to have the sources for the 2.6.9-023stab044.4-smp kernel installed[/color]

I tried installing the source files for this kernel using to following command.

[color=blue]yum install -y kernel-smp-devel[/color]

But i only get this message:
[color=blue]
Requested dep: kernel-smp-devel is provided by installed package
Nothing to do[/color]

I’m a little stumped here. Could anybody point me into the right direction?

Thanks.

Just an update:

[color=blue]Requested dep: kernel-smp-devel is provided by installed package
Nothing to do [/color]

I got this error message because i already had kernel-smp-devel installed. zaptel just didn’t find it because it was a different release version from my kernel. So, I uninstalled it and i ran [color=blue]yum install -y kernel-smp-devel[/color] again.

I still couldn’t download kernel-smp-devel and I only got a new message:

[color=blue]No package kernel-smp-devel available.
Nothing to do[/color]

Where can I find the kernel development headers for 2.6.9-023stab044.4-smp? I’ve looked everywhere for this. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

There’s no separate SMP version of the kernel headers.

I think “yum install kernel-devel” will work.

Hi Barry,

I tried “yum install kernel-devel” and it installed “kernel-devel-2.6.23.15-80.fc7” but when I try to build zaptel I still get the same error message.

[color=blue]You do not appear to have the sources for the 2.6.9-023stab044.4-smp kernel installed[/color]

Where can I find the kernel header for this version? Btw, I’m running a Fedora Core 7 on a godaddy virtual dedicated server and when I run

[color=blue]uname -r[/color]

I get [color=blue]2.6.9-023stab044.4-smp[/color]

What do you think is wrong?

Thanks.