Incoming sip trunk / authentication

hi

I am starting to loose my french…

I am setting up a * box as a wholesale server. Remote clients will be pbx, with their own extensions.

I want to give to each client a set of credential, user/pass so they can access the service. I want authentication to be based on these credential, not the host ip @ of the remote client.

So when extension 1000 (remote pbx) dials 00…, it goes through my asterisk. and I see the original caller id so I can reply back.

I currently can achieve this in two ways, none that satisfy me:

• in sip.conf (wholesale box), add host=x.y.z.t and insecure=invite, port - but for customers with dynamic ip, that cant work !

• in the remote client, when its an asterisk, add fromuser=

But i am looking for a solution that will work independently of the remote client system

So how can this be done ?

thanks

J.

Not going to happen. The clients’ phones are registered to the Clients’ pbx

I want to give to each client a set of credential, user/pass so they can access the service
This makes it more complicated. If they dont need to register just put following in the dial plan of the remote client asterisk PBX?:

exten=_00XXXXXXXXXX!,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:2}@ipaddress_2) SIP/${EXTEN}@ip-address-of-your-asterisk:port
exten=_00XXXXXXXXXX!,2,Hangup

If they really need to register to use the service, set the clients up as SIP extensions on your server, and force their servers to register to your server, then use the following in their dial plan:

exten=_00XXXXXXXXXX!,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:2}@whole_sale_trunk)

thanks - i’ll test this !