Hunt Group Question

Hi,

I added a number to a hunt group and whenever this person is on the phone, rather than hunting the call goeas to that persons voicemail.

The only difference with this number is that it is not an extension on the same server as all the others, it is on another server at the end of an IAX trunk.

Is this normal behaviour? Should the location of this extension affect the way the hunt group works?

Thanks,

Sean

When you say huntgroup, is this a ring group via freepbx or a queue ?

but I would expect if you are shipping a call to a second system then yes it would work like this unless you handle it so it doesnt, for example by landing the call in a specific context.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I should have been more clear. I am working with customers with GUI’s installed, after a while you start thinking like a GUI :smile:.

The Dial command comes from a Macro which has a number of extensions as it’s args. The Macro is below. I am just thinking aloud but I wonder if the problem is because the extension has no 2nd line so any calls go straight to VM rather than ring then move one? I will go check now.

Here is the Macro that is the ‘hunt group’

‘addone’ => 1. Set(NUMBER_TO_DIAL=${CUT(ARG1| |${i})}) [pbx_config]
2. GotoIf($[${LEN(${NUMBER_TO_DIAL})} = 0]?dial|1) [pbx_config]
3. Set(ONE_NUMBER=Local/${NUMBER_TO_DIAL}@from-inside${TL_DASH}${tenant}) [pbx_config]
4. Set(WHOLE_STRING=${WHOLE_STRING}${amp}${ONE_NUMBER}) [pbx_config]
5. Set(amp=&) [pbx_config]
6. Set(i=$[${i} + 1]) [pbx_config]
7. Goto(addone|1) [pbx_config]
‘dial’ => 1. NoOp(${WHOLE_STRING}) [pbx_config]
2. Dial(${WHOLE_STRING}|${ARG2}|${ARG3}) [pbx_config]
3. Goto(dial-${DIALSTATUS}|1) [pbx_config]
‘dial-ANSWER’ => 1. Goto(done|1) [pbx_config]
‘dial-BUSY’ => 1. Goto(failed|1) [pbx_config]
‘dial-CANCEL’ => 1. Goto(done|1) [pbx_config]
‘dial-CHANUNAVAIL’ => 1. Goto(failed|1) [pbx_config]
‘dial-CONGESTION’ => 1. Goto(failed|1) [pbx_config]
‘dial-NOANSWER’ => 1. Goto(failed|1) [pbx_config]
‘done’ => 1. NoOp(done) [pbx_config]
2. Hangup() [pbx_config]
‘failed’ => 1. MacroExit() [pbx_config]
‘s’ => 1. Set(i=1) [pbx_config]
2. Set(amp=) [pbx_config]
3. Set(__RINGGROUP_TIMEOUT=${ARG2}) [pbx_config]
4. Goto(addone|1) [pbx_config]

Hi

What is the dialstatus of the call to the remote server and a local busy extension.

what GUI is this ? and is it matching on the other server. but the basic still applies, The remote server has no knowledge of teh group it just gets a call and dependant on how the context is setup it will be handled as a call on that server.

Ian

Hi Ian,

The GUI is ‘thirdlane’

I understand where you are coming from in that the call on the local server is dealt with by the ‘hunt group’ macro whereas the call on the remote server is dealt with by whatever part of the dialplan handles that incoming call on that server.

That explains the different behaviour on the remote server.

Thanks for your help m8

Sean