How to add vocoder to the Asterisk?

I created a module that implements AMR-WB vocoder and I need to add it to the standard Asterisk vocoders list. What and where should I change and add in ‘config’ and ‘make’ files to have an ability to compile the whole Asterisk with my module in ‘codecs’ folder?
Thank you.

Still need help.

i think you need to ask Asterisk devs rather than users. with use the asterisk-dev mailing list, or the Asterisk IRC channels.

That is what I do the whole day.
But I cannot get the answer :cry:

you’ve been ignored ? weird.

if your code is complete, can’t you just edit the /codecs/Makefile and add your module to the CODECS+= list ?

once you’ve done this and tested it, then maybe file a “bug” at bugs.digium.com/ and get your disclaimer in

Sorry, here is the /codecs/Makefile:

#
# Asterisk -- A telephony toolkit for Linux.
# 
# Makefile for codec modules
#
# Copyright (C) 1999-2006, Digium, Inc.
#
# Mark Spencer <markster@digium.com>
#
# This program is free software, distributed under the terms of
# the GNU General Public License
#

-include ../menuselect.makeopts ../menuselect.makedeps

C_MODS:=$(filter-out $(MENUSELECT_CODECS),$(patsubst %.c,%,$(wildcard codec_*.c)))
CC_MODS:=$(filter-out $(MENUSELECT_CODECS),$(patsubst %.cc,%,$(wildcard codec_*.cc)))

LOADABLE_MODS:=$(C_MODS) $(CC_MODS)

ifneq ($(findstring codecs,$(MENUSELECT_EMBED)),)
  EMBEDDED_MODS:=$(LOADABLE_MODS)
  LOADABLE_MODS:=
endif

LIBILBC:=ilbc/libilbc.a
LIBLPC10:=lpc10/liblpc10.a

all: _all

include $(ASTTOPDIR)/Makefile.moddir_rules

ifneq ($(GSM_INTERNAL),)
GSM_INCLUDE:=-Igsm/inc
$(if $(filter codec_gsm,$(EMBEDDED_MODS)),modules.link,codec_gsm.so): gsm/lib/libgsm.a
endif

clean::
	$(MAKE) -C gsm clean
	$(MAKE) -C lpc10 clean
	$(MAKE) -C ilbc clean

gsm/lib/libgsm.a:
	@mkdir -p gsm/lib
	@$(MAKE) -C gsm lib/libgsm.a

$(LIBLPC10):
	@$(MAKE) -C lpc10 all

$(if $(filter codec_lpc10,$(EMBEDDED_MODS)),modules.link,codec_lpc10.so): $(LIBLPC10)

$(LIBILBC):
	@$(MAKE) -C ilbc all

$(if $(filter codec_ilbc,$(EMBEDDED_MODS)),modules.link,codec_ilbc.so): $(LIBILBC) 

What should I change here? Or add?
Thank you for your tenderness.

ah, 1.4. you need to modify the configure.ac file, the build_tools/menuselect_deps.in and a couple of others, and specify dependencies.

have a look at bugs.digium.com/file_download.ph … 4&type=bug as an example for how to add your new codec to the list.

Thank you!