Help with chan_mobile

I’m trying to use my cellphone as a GSM/SIP gateway. Got the phone paired with my laptop and set up as an extension to send/receive calls. Outbound calls work properly but getting Asterisk to pick up incoming calls has been a bit of a challenge. According to the output of “mobile show devices” Asterisk seems to thing that the phone is always in the “free” state even when it is ringing. How do I go about investigating why Asterisk isn’t answering my calls and bridging them to my softphone?

Can you give us the part of the dialplan that handles the incoming call and the logs of what is happening on an incoming call?

Thanks Tom.

The relevant part of the diaplan is a simple two-liner:

[gsmcall]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/sipphone)

There’s nothing recorded in /var/log/asterisk on incoming calls to my phone. Tried raising verbosity to 3 but still nothing.

Okay, this is funny. Seems like calls don’t reach Asterisk when the phone’s on silent but they do if I set it to ring. It’s annoying, but I can live with that.

Anyway, now it says:

*CLI> [Aug 12 15:34:58] WARNING[3676][C-00000003]: pbx.c:6390 __ast_pbx_run: Channel 'Mobile/gsmphone-9329' sent to invalid extension but no invalid handler: context,exten,priority=gsmphone,s,1

What gives?

Got it working. Turns out I had a minor problem with my configuration.
Thanks again for offering your help!